Pioneer SCLX75 & SCLX85 Owner's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxwell4321 said:
I dont use it myself so cant say and cant look at the moment but I do remember not using it because of something I couldnt do with it in the config.

Yep. I recall the same thing and I think it was to do with the hdmi audio overusing the optical.

I am starting to wonder if it's best to run the sky hdmi direct to the tv and just run the optical to the amp... But would rather not have to..

Has anyone tried the "Neural Surround" mode?

Sounds better than Dolby PL2 to me on most tv/sat material.

Apparently neural was bought by DTS few years ago.

If you haven't tried it, I would urge you to give it a go.

OK. Anyone know how to set up a sky box?

It seems ridiculous. The HDMI input seems to overule the optical sound input and i cant figure how to tell it to use the optical for sound and hdmi for picture.

I would also like to have it so that the amp does not default to TV/SAT input as this does not give me a picture and there is not hdmi input linked to it.

Unless i am missing something of course...

PLease help.. having a 'pull my hair out' moment.

Hi
Is anyone using Bowers and Wilkins Ceiling Speakers CCM50 for zone 2 or 3 with lx85 amp ?
will they be ok ?

Awesome :) Almost exact same set up as me except I have front RX6's. I'll hold back on declaring how great it sounds so as not to underwhelm your expectations but suffice it to write that it's amazing :thumbsup:

Great to hear I'm not the only one finding this a killer combo! Anyway, here are some pics of my new setup. Took me a bit longer than expected, cause after connecting the front speakers I just kept listening to more and more music without even connecting the rest yet :smashin::smashin:

Attachments

• IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 944
  • IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 764
And my first two questions:

- As you can see the LX85 is in quite a tight space and I've already noticed it runs very hot. Is this a concern? Are there any indications the unit might be running too hot (e.g. auto-shutdown)?
- I would like to see some information on my TV screen e.g. when I change the volume. Is this possible? The receiver is out of sight most of the time and I use my Logitech Harmony to control the system, so no info on current volume setting.

Thanx!

And my first two questions:

- As you can see the LX85 is in quite a tight space and I've already noticed it runs very hot. Is this a concern? Are there any indications the unit might be running too hot (e.g. auto-shutdown)?
- I would like to see some information on my TV screen e.g. when I change the volume. Is this possible? The receiver is out of sight most of the time and I use my Logitech Harmony to control the system, so no info on current volume setting.

Thanx!

As you say the unit does run hot but there is an inbuilt cooling fan that kicks in at a certain temp but I have never had mine run yet, I would imagine it will auto shutdown if it gets excessively hot - give Pioneer customer service a quick call and they will confirm/deny.

As for the volume showing up on the TV for any chance of it to work you must have HDMI control enabled on both the TV and Amp and even then it depends on your TV.
It works fine with my Samsung but not my LG, Dont know about other brands of Tv

I have a kef system hooked up to my lx85 .... IQ9s front IQ6 centre and 3no IQ3s at the back and a REL T9 sub and in plain old stereo mode with music it sounds stunning , beautifully rich and detailed sound with really tight bass .... Iam extremely happy with this amp , also the amp is in an open rack and I haven't noticed it running too hot yet.

As you say the unit does run hot but there is an inbuilt cooling fan that kicks in at a certain temp but I have never had mine run yet, I would imagine it will auto shutdown if it gets excessively hot - give Pioneer customer service a quick call and they will confirm/deny.

As for the volume showing up on the TV for any chance of it to work you must have HDMI control enabled on both the TV and Amp and even then it depends on your TV.
It works fine with my Samsung but not my LG, Dont know about other brands of Tv

With the link to the TV do you have it going into TV/SAT? Because to have this set up with opitcal from sky box and HDMI to tv, for some reason you have to turn HDMI control off.

This is not the end of the world because i have now setup the amp remote to control the tv and sky, but am interested to know how others have it set up?

No I dont use the TV/SAT input or any optical because I have a proper satellite receiver that outputs DD over HDMI it also has HDMI-CEC :D

Your setup looks lovely, roof.

I've the new Panasonic AE5000, I presume I should see on screen display for volume change and what not?

Your setup looks lovely, roof.

I've the new Panasonic AE5000, I presume I should see on screen display for volume change and what not?

Very much depends on how compatable the new Panasonic CEC is with the Pioneer CEC, I have an older Panasonic projector and that displays nothing. Doesnt really matter though as the RF remote with the 85 shows it all anyway.

No I dont use the TV/SAT input or any optical because I have a proper satellite receiver that outputs DD over HDMI it also has HDMI-CEC :D

What daemon device is this then that has such functions??

Last edited:
Very much depends on how compatable the new Panasonic CEC is with the Pioneer CEC, I have an older Panasonic projector and that displays nothing. Doesnt really matter though as the RF remote with the 85 shows it all anyway.

It does matter to me, cause like I've mentioned I use a Harmony remote to control my system. Anyway, my TV is 2011 Samsung LED, but it doesn't seem to display this kind of information unfortunately (even though CEC is turned on on TV and HDMI Control on Pioneer).

It does matter to me, cause like I've mentioned I use a Harmony remote to control my system. Anyway, my TV is 2011 Samsung LED, but it doesn't seem to display this kind of information unfortunately (even though CEC is turned on on TV and HDMI Control on Pioneer).

My TV is a 2011 Samsung Plasma and does display the volume control, maybe you need to upgrade your TV firmware as I cant see the Anynet CEC being different between LED and PDP TV's

maxwell4321 said:
My TV is a 2011 Samsung Plasma and does display the volume control, maybe you need to upgrade your TV firmware as I cant see the Anynet CEC being different between LED and PDP TV's

Can I ask what plasma you have. I am seriously considering my led now as not only is the light bleed annoying but I get motion judder when watching football. I was going to get the Panasonic, but reading about the 'green blob' issues I am not sure I want that either. (are none of these TVs any good?).

The Samsung range has been suggested as an alternative even if not as 'good' as the Panasonic.

Awesome :) Almost exact same set up as me except I have front RX6's. I'll hold back on declaring how great it sounds so as not to underwhelm your expectations but suffice it to write that it's amazing :thumbsup:

Bravogolf, can I ask about your MCACC settings? At first it came up with all large speakers and a crossover freq of 80Hz, is that what you have? I've already changed the RXFX's to small, but also feel like I'm missing some bass when playing in stereo mode (except in Pure Direct off course). This shouldn't be the case from RX8's...

Can I ask what plasma you have. I am seriously considering my led now as not only is the light bleed annoying but I get motion judder when watching football. I was going to get the Panasonic, but reading about the 'green blob' issues I am not sure I want that either. (are none of these TVs any good?).

The Samsung range has been suggested as an alternative even if not as 'good' as the Panasonic.

Its a PS59D6900

Its a PS59D6900

And any issues at all?? I heard the samsungs are not quite the level of panasonic or LED range but they seem really steady without many problems?

And any issues at all?? I heard the samsungs are not quite the level of panasonic or LED range but they seem really steady without many problems?

I have no issues with it at all, I calibrated it on the latest firmware its stunning.

Roof said:
Bravogolf, can I ask about your MCACC settings? At first it came up with all large speakers and a crossover freq of 80Hz, is that what you have? I've already changed the RXFX's to small, but also feel like I'm missing some bass when playing in stereo mode (except in Pure Direct off course). This shouldn't be the case from RX8's...

My MCACC identified the fronts (RX6) and centre as fronts, with crossover to 80. I changed the speakers to small afterwards, as you should too, and left crossover at 80 with the same on the subwoofer itself.

Great to hear I'm not the only one finding this a killer combo! Anyway, here are some pics of my new setup. Took me a bit longer than expected, cause after connecting the front speakers I just kept listening to more and more music without even connecting the rest yet :smashin::smashin:

I'm jealous. Looks awesome. :thumbsup:

I think I need to upgrade my old RS series.

Greetings to the Group.:hiya:
I am very excited about my update from the CA Azur640R to the Pioneer SC-LX85. :clap::D:clap::D
Just wanted to see if any of the other LX85 owners has been facing the following issue.
When playing a surround source (connected digitally, optical/ HDMI etc) I get white noise coming from the centre speaker and the surround speakers.
The noise is something similar to the MCACC sound but obviously not as loud. It sounds a bit like static.
The problem exists even if the digital source is playing stereo material and the receiver is set to Direct/ Pure Direct etc.
The problem goes away if I set the receiver to play in one of the stereo modes.
I have tried the following but nothing seem to have helped:
• Tried both DTS and Dolby digital soundtracks
• Tried different sources (set top box, media player playing MKVs, Xbox 360)
• Tried the different sound modes – Direct, Pure Direct etc.
• Tried the Standard button on the remote
The only thing that did the trick was pressing the stereo button on the remote but this is obviously not a solution.
Another interesting fact is that during playback of a movie the issue may or may not go away after a period of time elapses.
Even if the noise goes away though the moment you start playback of something else the noise comes back.

Any suggestions or experience would be much appreciated!
(Speakers: Monitor audit Gold series, Sources: HDX media player, DB800, Xbox360)

I just wanted to get back to the group regarding the above!
Problem solved :smashin::D
My subwoofer was picking up static from the power source which was fed back to the LX85. The reason why I had the problem only when playing surround sources was that the Sub woofer was auto switched off in all other instances.

My next task is to play around with the setup.
I have connected my CD players using analogue cables. I have a Cambridge audio Azur 640C CD player. I have assumed that the DAC of the CD player would be superior to the receivers DAC. I also have the option of connecting via coaxial or optical.

Any opinions on the above??

Also can someone confirm that Zone2 video output has no upscaling capabilities? i.e. it is impossible to output a video source connected using composite from the Zone2 component output!

when config SC-57 to 7.2 front bi-amp speaker mode. How pre-out defines?

is it possiable to out put front-height signal via pre-out?

Last edited by a moderator:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom