Pioneer SCLX75 & SCLX85 Owner's Thread *Part 2*

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RottenFox, Nov 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bravogolf

bravogolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    That's weird, your sure the device inputting it isn't at fault? Or something silly like speaker volume :)

Other than that try Pioneer tech support, they're pretty good

2. denis_carlin

denis_carlin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help.

I tried several devices, my PS3, PS4, Wii U and PC!
    I also checked Volume too.
    Now it seems to not output anything on the pre-outs either :-(
    All channels receive test tones still though.
    Best just to email Pioneer, do you think?

3. Baly

Baly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

Personally I would call them Denis

4. denis_carlin

denis_carlin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.
    After spending a few hours on Friday night to no avail I gave up and went to bed.
    Got up and before calling, gave it one more go and of course it's now working.
    I've no idea if there is an intermittent faut but atm it's working again.
    Very strange....

5. splnter

splnter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, ok amp is fixed.. I asked Richer sounds, if the Amp would be fine to run on the m&k,s i got a phone call from there tec guy who said yep it should be fine, so i asked what they had fixed.. he said they upgraded the power supply and it also had a faulty bored . cost was £260. its working fine, apart from the little box you get to wireless connect to internet. it now switches off with the amp . so cant connect to the net..

6. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Pioneer icontrolav2 not working after IOS 8 update on ipad....

Any solution to this yet?

7. Motorfret

Motorfret
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't know if it's the same for Apple devices, but for Android the new IControlav5 also supports the older models like the LX85

8. yorkshire rose

yorkshire rose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I have also managed to get lx 85 working. Well done pioneer !

9. jholzherr

jholzherr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got myself a Pioneer SC-LX87 a couple of weeks ago, ex display and it failed straight away (HDMI board issue) is this a big thing with Pioneer? I hope not as I've just come from an Onkyo 807 which developed a common HDMI issue. Can't say I've seen much on it with Pioneer but thought i'd check here to see if any of you guys have had the same issue.? It's been returned to Richer Sounds for repair and it looks like they've lost it can you believe, they don't stock that amp anymore so trying to decide to stick with Pioneer or look elsewhere.. from what I heard of the 87 it sounded WAY WAY better than the Onkyo, which always sounded a little empty.

10. irvsax

irvsax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have owned an LX75 for a few years now, and have a couple of questions that i wonder if anyone can help with?

Firstly, I have an Xbox One and for about a year I have had problems with Sending TV signal through it. Turns out, its the amp! Plug the Xbox direct into the TV and works perfectly. So does anyone else have this issue with the LX75 or 85?? Is there something I am doing wrong or is it an issue with the amp itself? Seems odd..

Also, does anyone know of a remote extension that is available for the 75 to increase the range of the remote. at the moment i have to point it directly at the amp, but that would like to be able to point at the tv along with other AV stuff.

Lastly, shame there is no OSD for the volume like other amps have.. I just wanted to check this is the case for everyone and not something i have stupidly missed.

11. sclx85newbieSG

sclx85newbieSG
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Bought an used SC LX85 an year ago and paired it up with monster audio speakers. most of the function, DVD, apple tv/chromecast connection, TV are all working fun but I always had issue with H.M.G. I often see the song title scrolling through but no sound coming out of speaker. It didn't bother me as much as I hardly stream music from my harddrive or android phone. This problem of H.M.G. became more annoyed when I discovered the internet radio feature yesterday and set it up through web interface (by selecting stations). Internet radio worked for a while but after I turned off LX85 and turned back on after couple hours. it stopped working. I can navigate to different radio station (and see song title scrolling through the screen on LX85 but no sound. Any idea what is happening? I tried to restart it a few times but it didn't help.

Any advise? Thanks

12. randomrat

randomrat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Just thought it might be helpful to share this post - it may help those who are suffering the UE22 Error or/and AMP ERR. Sorry if it has already been discussed before, a quick google of "SC-LX85 UE22 didn't get me far".

I've owned my SC-LX85 since release (September 2011 I think) and it hadn't skipped a beat till now. Recently, the receiver has been flashing the UE22 error on the display and I could not figure out why.
    I have tried the factory reset (Placing the unit in standby, holding ENTER + POWER BUTTON and selecting RESET). Sometimes the reset would lead to an OK status, however other times it would display AMP ERR and shut down with the FL light flashing constantly - totally unpredictable and not really reproducible. I'd then have to wait a few minutes before the receiver would turn back on. Even after unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in would lead to the FL light flashing. Only few minutes of resting time would let me switch the receiver back on, and even then the UE22 error would sometimes come on.

Additionally, the sound from the HTPC connected via HDMI did not work and would not be registered on the receiver - video seemed to work OK. However, playing a DD/DTS track led to popping/clicking from the speakers.

After further researching and looking at a forum thread for the VSX-1121 with the UE22, it turned out to be an issue with the DD/DTS chips on the board causing the UE22 issue. They produce a fair amount of heat and repeated heat cycles can cause the solder to crack on the BGA.

I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to open up the SC-LX85 and see where these chips were...
    [​IMG]

At the back of the SC_LX85, with the HDMI ports facing away from you the DD/DTS chips can be seen on the bottom left of the digital board.
    [​IMG]

Closer look (sorry for the poor quality)
    [​IMG]

Me being impatient, I decided to get the heat gun and try performing a reflow of the chips. Using some aluminium foil to place over the components around the chip, I got my heat gun and set it to 300C and did a few sweeps of the chip form about 6" high for 30 seconds.
    Looking back at my actions, I don't think that was long enough, but nevertheless I allowed the components to cool for 10 minutes and applied power to the unit, with nothing else connected to it (no speakers or other cables).

Voila, no UE22 error on power-up. Performing a RESET worked with an OK status. I grabbed a laptop and hooked it up to the unit and played a few films with DD/DTS soundtracks. The receiver displayed the correct format and the speakers also registered on the display. I left a film running for 30mins at 0db and came back to check - all seemed ok. Assembled the unit back together and installed it back in the room and everything seems to work now. Again, I only did this last night so it'll be interesting to see how long this fix works.

I guess reballing the chips would have been a better solution, however I do not have the experience or equipment to carry this out, but i'll be ordering a couple of small heatsinks and thermal adhesive to place over the chips for the future.

Oh, and please do this at your own risk...No guarantees that this may fix your problem.

13. marcoose

marcoose
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I jave the LX57 and am at the end of my tether. Please, please, please can someone read my other thread and try to help!

14. bravogolf

bravogolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    What's the advantage of the wireless adaptor for the '85? As far as I can tell I get a gimmicky iPhoe app that allows me to control the volume and one or two other things, is that it? There's no Airplay or anything right?

15. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,223
    It enables you to have a network connection to the receiver without need for a wired ethernet connection to your router from the receiver. The receiver can access audio files stored elsewhere on the same network via its network DLNA capabilities and also has inbuilt net radio playback if accessing radio stations over a network sourced via the internet. And yes, the LX85 does have inbuilt Apple Airplay.

The app you mention works if either using a wired or a wireless network connection to the receiver. The adaptor simply allows you to make a network connection to the receiver from your router wirelessly as opposed to having to have an ethernet connection between them. The network features work with or without the adaptor.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  16. bravogolf

bravogolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Understood, I didn't realise Airplay was built in! That's great :)

17. bravogolf

bravogolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    It's handy for acclimatising my daughter to the cinema room! I look forward to when it's Pixar movies!

Attached Files:

18. valmont74

valmont74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Does anyone know if it's possible to download the settings for speakers and inputs and save as backup on a usb? My ARC is acting up and I think I'll have to do a real reset and would love to not have to start with all the settings from the beginning... A swift import would be great. If possible...

19. bravogolf

bravogolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    No, you can't unfortunately. I rang Pioneer customer support about that same question :(

20. valmont74

valmont74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    That is so ridiculous of them. I hope their new models are more user friendly....

21. howardhopkinson

howardhopkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a used sc-lx85, it came with the RF remote but unfortunately not the RF adapter. I have searched high and low for an RF adapter, but all I can find is the remote and the adapter which is not what I want, given that I already have the remote. Does anyone know where I can just get the RF adapter?

22. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I might have one in a box somewhere. Never used it, will have a dig around to see if I can find it

23. bravogolf

bravogolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    If Jonhndm can't find his I'm sure you can convince their support teams to send you one for free :)

24. howardhopkinson

howardhopkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much John, that's very much appreciated.

25. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Well I've searched everywhere and can't find the RF adapter anywhere, all I can find is the wireless LAN converter, so guess I must have thrown it away.....sorry, good luck with your search

26. howardhopkinson

howardhopkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's no problem John and thanks for looking anyway mate. I got the dreaded UE22 error last night for the first time, a factory reset got rid of it, but judging by what I've read, it's only a matter of time before the receiver gives up the ghost.

27. 007L2Kill

007L2Kill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +690
    Can anyone here tell me the DAC used in the LX85 as the pioneer webpage as gone and all I can find is 32bit, somewhere said ESS DAC, but still not 100% sure.

Cheers:smashin:.

28. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,223
  29. 007L2Kill

007L2Kill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +690
  30. 007L2Kill

007L2Kill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +690
    Well after a little digging it seems that the LX85 uses a AK4480 DAC here is the quote from a Japanese site “32-bit chip DAC AK4480 do digital Analog conversion, and Pioneer also special application of the chip's "variable digital filter" function” link Google Translate

So looks like the newer ones use the ESS DAC.