Pioneer SC-LX901 AV Receiver

Let us know what you think of it. I'm getting the pioneer sc-lx801 next Wednesday I hope it's a good upgrade from my denon 3312

Thats great news mine is not set up yet still in the box.
What did you upgrade from is it a big improvement

Can you get good sound using the auto set up or did you have to do some adjusting

dont use the mic your best off setting it yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at last i took the pioneer 901 out of the box. still not tried it as its the Wifes Birthday tomorrow and been out buying her presents and organising a meal for tomorrow evening.
Got to keep in her good books she has not seen the new amp yet.

I use the mic for testing all speakers are connected tand then tune to my tastes. Usually bumping up surrounds and now the Atmos to ensure I have the most encapsulated soundfield.

Let us know what you think of it. I'm getting the pioneer sc-lx801 next Wednesday I hope it's a good upgrade from my denon 3312
Hope your LX801 has arrived okay.

Would you mind posting if it has a mode which will output audio exactly as input, i.e. without upmixing/processing etc.? (The only manual I can find online is the basic one and Pioneer haven't replied to my email request for the advanced one yet).

I'm returning my Yamaha 3050 as it can't output straight 5.1 audio without upmixing it to 7.1, and am considering the LX801 as a replacement.

Hope you enjoy your 801!

Just getting used to my pioneer 801 I couldn't believe how long it took for the auto set up after being used to a Denon 3312. With music sounds fantastic I'm running a 7.1.2 setup for ultra blu ray and movies I tweeted the ceiling speakers I increased the db by about +4 now when watching mad max the sound is great god help the neighbors

I have the LX701, and having problem with software, after using the MCACC, the amp goes back to 2.1, and having to go to the settings to change it, also when using the speaker levels with the SPL meter,I get no sound out of the speakers, only after trying 3 or 4 times it works, but not that impressed by the sound, maybe the problem is affecting the rest, have you had any problems? The firmware was upgraded to the last one, it has now gone back to the shop for check up

Not quite sure if I should start a new thread or add to this one, but I have a question regarding the lx901.

I have a Sky HD box, and some channels output Regular programs in DD5.1 (WatchHD, C5HD), and the LX901 outputs what it says as Dolby Surround. (5.1.2)... however, the Center channel seems "spread" across the front three speakers. I.e. Dialogue is not focussed purely in the Center.

On channels that output DD 2.0 or PCM, the Center channel is fine, and not spread... in fact is better than the channels outputted in 5.1.

If I change the settings on the sky box to force PCM 2.0 over HDMI, all channels are fine.

I've checked all my settings (Center spread, loudness etc,) and these make no difference.

This didn't happen with my older VSX2021.

On your remote click AV ADJUST, then scroll down to OTHER, the scroll to CENTRE SPREAD and that should be to OFF, also DIALOG ENHANCEMENT should be off,

On your remote click AV ADJUST, then scroll down to OTHER, the scroll to CENTRE SPREAD and that should be to OFF, also DIALOG ENHANCEMENT should be off,
As I said, I've checked all those settings. Tried all the settings in various combinations too. I think it's actually the channel's programming issue.

As I said, I've checked all those settings. Tried all the settings in various combinations too. I think it's actually the channel's programming issue.

That doesn't sound good(pardon the pun) I'm sure you've run the MCACC again, maybe you should contact you dealer and see if they can help

Just re-plugged in my 2021 and it's the channels on sky not the receiver. Happens on the HD channels apart from he sky ones that actually do output 5.1 (movies, Living HD (CSI) ) Very odd. Also, the Center spread option makes no difference, whereas with the movie channels the Center spread ON makes it sound just like the other channels. Perhaps there's a Dolby Digital tag on those channels that is forcing the Center spread to be switched on without the ability to turn it off?

Just re-plugged in my 2021 and it's the channels on sky not the receiver. Happens on the HD channels apart from he sky ones that actually do output 5.1 (movies, Living HD (CSI) ) Very odd. Also, the Center spread option makes no difference, whereas with the movie channels the Center spread ON makes it sound just like the other channels. Perhaps there's a Dolby Digital tag on those channels that is forcing the Center spread to be switched on without the ability to turn it off?
Glad it's not the amp then, funny you should mention the centre channel, I'm having trouble adjusting that,I have the 701, and my centre channel sound a bit muddy, not very clear, but it doesn't happen with all the channel, Amazon and Netflix are fine, but BBC doesn't seem to like it, I've changed the setting to flat, just on the centre, that seems to help a bit, I've always thought was the amp

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom