Pioneer SC-LX87 or Yamaha RX-A3030 with Monitor Audio Silver RX

Fireblade77

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all any advice on which would sound better with my Monitor Audio Silver RX6 AV12 Speaker package ? Right now I have a Pioneer SC-LX81 which is about 5yrs old now I think. I do have a slight hearing problem so I struggle with hearing voices clear so I have to have it quite loud so I can hear what they say and then when all action kicks off I love it but wife hates it and wants it turned down :mad:
I did read some place that the pioneer was very good with voices and keeping them very clear even with everything kicking off in a movie.
Am I throwing money away on getting the LX87 at £1350 when I can get an LX57 for £800 and if so would the LX57 sound better than my LX81 ?
The Yamaha RX-A3030 is about £1500.
Would I be better off buying the LX57 and a better center speaker and if so what center speaker is best for keeping voices clear ?
I don't want to spend more than £1500 in total so any help would be great thx.:D

Last edited:
Not exactly answering your question but I would also look at an Anthem

Hi I had the yamaha 3030 and the pioneer lx87 on my kef reference at home for a week and bought the pioneer lx87 the detail and clarity are outstanding and the app is amazing, hope that helps

As already said Anthem.

thanks for the reply guys and if im honest I really don't like the look of the anthem amps. has anyone heard the LX57 against the LX87 and can you hear a difference or would you have to have very good hearing to notice ? would I be wasting my money ?
What about going for the LX57 + a better centre speaker up to £600 for centre speaker to have over all better sound over the LX81 and Monitor Audio silver RX6 Speaker package I have now ?

I had the Yam 2010 and changed to the LX57 - it was like removing cotton wool plugs from my ears!

Oh, I'm using MA GS speakers (bi-amped fronts)

I had a demo of the anthem mrx710 at audio t but at £900 more than the pioneer lx87 I could not here the extra cost plus it looked a bit bland to me

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom