Pioneer SC-LX85 & Sky HD

AD11

Standard Member
Reaction score
since having my lx85 integrated into my home cinema my sky HD's been playing up :confused:

i can't view program info about any program, that is something i can live without...the main problem is when i record something while the sky box is and if i'm watching something else, as soon as the recording starts i get the no signal message on every channel, i cant even play the program via the planner while it's recording :facepalm: once it's finished recording it doesn't then appear in the planner.

if i stop the recording & switch off/on the sky box, the channels come back. everything was working fine before the reciever came into the equation... i need help:lease:

could it be something to do with the inputs? i can't see it being any other problem, it seems as though whilst it's recording it wont let anything else transit :(

If you're getting a No signal message on the sky box, it has nothing to do with the receiver. I would check the LNB inputs on the rear of the sky box, maybe you disrupted something when you were connecting up the receiver. Turn the box off and check that they are connected properly. You can check the signal level via Service> Settings> Signal

Time to check your cabling at both ends. Make sure the box is off when you disconnect/connect the sat coax cables (f-connectors).

i've removed them both, input 1 & 2...no difference,could it be they are in the wrong ports? it worked before the reciever worked.i cant check the other side because they go into the wall on the other side of the room.

If you swap them around, does input 2 get a signal?

They can't be in the wrong connections. There are two LNB inputs, it doesn't matter which ones they are connected to. As I said, you need to check that the connections are good i.e. the connectors don't come loose/off and there aren't any stray wires touching the centre coax etc.

Does the dish, LNB and cabling look okay outside?

There has been some windy weather up my way, followed by rain and now snow. Could the weather/wind not have disrupted your dish? How good is the signal to input 1? If checking and re-connecting the cables doesn't solve it, it's time to speak to Sky.

il try changing them around now but as you said, i dont think it would make a difference.

signal strength is about 60% and signal quality is about 80%.

If input 2 suddenly gets a good signal, you know there is an issue with the other cable. If not, it's the sky box. Always switch the box off when connecting/disconnecting the cables.

Last edited:
i have sky in the other room and thats working fine, so that rules out a problem with the dish right?

Yes, it sounds like the box. You could try the box in the other room to make sure.

Yes, it sounds like the box. You could try the box in the other room to make sure.

i tried the box from next door and it didn't work in here either, same problem...no signal input for no.2, i tried the current box from here next door an it works fine so it does rule out a problem with the box.

it seems to have been a problem since the AV installer hooked up my sound & AV receiver a couple of weeks ago.

how do i get this repaired? SKY? new lead?

the installer never removed the input wires from the SKY box at any point during the install, could he have damaged them a bit further down? they run under the carpet.

Possibly. You could pull back the carpet and inspect the cable for damage. Presumably everything is okay at the dish end (LNB)? You could simply replace the cable (see sat cure for readymade sat coax with f-connectors if you don't fancy DIY). I would also speak to your AV installer, if they caused the problem.

Does the cable go all the way to the dish or to a connection on the wall?

Possibly. You could pull back the carpet and inspect the cable for damage. Presumably everything is okay at the dish end (LNB)? You could simply replace the cable (see sat cure for readymade sat coax with f-connectors if you don't fancy DIY). I would also speak to your AV installer, if they caused the problem.

Does the cable go all the way to the dish or to a connection on the wall?

it goes across the room (under the carpet) into the wall, i think it goes all the way to the dish as it's located on the outside of that wall further up.

i can't see any damage to the wire.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom