Pioneer SC-LX83 or Onkyo 5008

denis_carlin

Standard Member
I'm looking to replace my SC-LX71 as I'd like to have 3D and ARC, I'm considering the Onkyo 5008 and Pioneer SC-LX83 but leaning towards the Pioneer. Other options are the Onkyo 3008 (I've heard that the real world improvements in the 5008 are minimal) and the Denon 4311 but I'm open to any suggestions, I live in Switzerland and the receivers cost the same.

Movies/Games are a priority as I mostly listen to music from vinyl and CD without the receiver but will sometimes stream using Apple Airport Express optically connected to the receiver with pre-outs to the 2 channel amps.

What would would be the best sounding?
Most reliable?
Any HDMI issues?

My room is around 5.5m x 4.0m

I shall be using the following equipment:

Sources
PS3
XBox 360
Nintendo Wii
Apple TV
Cable TV (using card in TV and ARC)

Speakers
ProAc Response D15 Fronts Bi-amped
Proac Response CC1 Centre
Mordaunt Short MS10i Rears
BK XXLS400 Subwoofer

TV
Panasonic TX-P50GT30

Amplification
I pre-out the fronts to my Musical Fidelity A5CR/2xMusical Fidelity A3CR Setup

Thanks for your help.

Jare

Novice Member
Better go with Anthem MRX 700. Best sound out of them by far. Everything else is not important (IMO), but it has 3D and more or less everything that you need.

If sound is what you are after, do not go further.

denis_carlin

Standard Member
Better go with Anthem MRX 700. Best sound out of them by far. Everything else is not important (IMO), but it has 3D and more or less everything that you need.

If sound is what you are after, do not go further.

It's unfortunately quite a bit more expensive than the other models I'm looking at and beyond my budget but thanks anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom