pioneer sc-lx82 upgrade to sc-lx86

mac1969

Standard Member
hello everybody, i am new to this page and hope to have some expert advise on the dilema i have in hand! i have a home cinema room with projection system and for managing the sound in this this set up i am using pioneer sc-lx82 which i have happily owned and used for past 3 years! last week i managed to upgrade my front loud speakers from kef IQ70 to kef R700 , and dealer advised me to change my sclx82 to sc-lx86 for much better soung and video procsesing! now just want to know if this staement is true and i will benefit from upgrading my AV reciever to sc-lx86 or not ? any help and advise will be highly appriciated!
thanks

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
hello everybody, i am new to this page and hope to have some expert advise on the dilema i have in hand! i have a home cinema room with projection system and for managing the sound in this this set up i am using pioneer sc-lx82 which i have happily owned and used for past 3 years! last week i managed to upgrade my front loud speakers from kef IQ70 to kef R700 , and dealer advised me to change my sclx82 to sc-lx86 for much better soung and video procsesing! now just want to know if this staement is true and i will benefit from upgrading my AV reciever to sc-lx86 or not ? any help and advise will be highly appriciated!
thanks

If my dealer were advising me like yours is, then I would ask him to put his money where his mouth is and loan me the machine for a few days to see if what he claims is true on the understanding that you'll purchase if he is right. After all, why should you take the risk of a pretty high expenditure and then be underwhelmed. If he's not prepared to do it, then I would leave it alone.

That's my tuppence worth anyway. :)

Cheers,

Martin.

mac1969

Standard Member
thanks for your replay martin, you are right that might be a good way, but as you know achiving the right setting on this units in the right way and getting most out of them usualy take some time and come with experience too! thats why i though maybe i can get some help to short the cycle! once more thanks for your kind replay.
mac

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I know what you're saying but I suspect the "law of diminishing returns" will apply here - there may be subtle differences between the old and the new units but I doubt they'll be great and therefore perhaps not very noticeable unless you're a real audiophile.

Anyway, whichever way you go, best of luck.

Cheers,

Martin.

mac1969

Standard Member
you are 100% right martin , just had a chat with another hifi dealer and he was honest enough to confirm by doing this upgrade i am just waisting my money and apart from 3D and fancy ipad App there is not much difference between the two to justify the investment on lx86!

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
you are 100% right martin , just had a chat with another hifi dealer and he was honest enough to confirm by doing this upgrade i am just waisting my money and apart from 3D and fancy ipad App there is not much difference between the two to justify the investment on lx86!

Yeah, I suspected that would be the case and it's good that you found a dealer honest enough to confirm it.

Have fun deciding what else to spend the (saved) money on.

Cheers,

Martin.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom