Pioneer SC-77 HDMI Audio to Optical Out

essvee440

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a setup where I have several HDMI inputs hooked up to the Pioneer SC-77 receiver. In addition to a standard 7.1 setup, I need to hookup Bose Cinemate GS Speakers in a separate zone. The Bose Cinemate accepts Optical In. Can I just connect the Optical Out on SC-77 to the Bose Optical In?

In other words, is the Pioneer SC-77 capable of converting HDMI audio and passing it through via optical out? If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Optical output will be limited to audio sourced via S/PDIF optical and digital coax inputs on the receiver. HDMI and other inputs are not converted for output via the S/PDIF optical output.

As a follow-up question, is it possible to set HDMI through audio by zone?

In Audio Parameters, I changed HDMI to Through, but it changed it for both HDMI Out 1 and 2. I want this to apply to Out 2 only.

TIA

Use the third second Zone HDMI output if wanting audio and video to be passed through the receiver without it influencing the main room's output. The HDMI 1 and 2 outputs are simply the same output split in two, but the third output is totally independent of them and the receivers setting's. There's no independent passthrough setting in association with the HDMI 1 and 2 outputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom