Pioneer SC 1522 K and projector setup

darrylsosborne

Novice Member
In my home theatre I have a Pioneer SC 1522 K in a 7.1 configuration. Signal input is a Sony Blu-ray player and a FireTV stick, both using HDMI connections. Video output is to a Mitsubishi HL4000 projector via HDMI. I have the same problem using the Blu-ray and the FireTV stick, and I've tested using all HDMI inputs (1-7), with the same result. When playing content from either the Blu-ray or the FireTV stick, video is projected but no audio from the speakers. I've verified speaker setup via MCACC and I get audio when using the tuner or iPod connections - so the speakers are setup correctly. If I connect a TV to the other HDMI out port, I get video from the projector AND audio from the receiver/speakers. It works perfectly. But when I disconnect or turn off the TV, audio stops. I've verified the audio parameters of all the HDMI inputs and they are all set to HDMI <AMP> and AMP <ON>, so the sound from these inputs should be passed to the receiver and not through the receiver to the projector. The projector doesn't support HDMI ARC, but I don't believe its necessary if the HDMI input audio parameters are set to AMP (e.g. not pass-through).

How can I get audio from the receiver/speakers and video just from the projector (not having a TV connected to the other HDMI output)?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom