Pioneer SA - 620 AC Outlets

kerbstone

Hi everyone, brand new to the hifi world and looking to buy my first vintage amp as a start. I have found a nice looking Pioneer SA 620 Amp. I have noticed one thing, on the back there is 3 AC outlets, I'm assuming I could power a cassette deck off of these so I only have one plug coming off the system itself. However being based in the UK, these plugs don't match what I would use, they seem to be Japanese / American plug sockets. If I bought a cassette deck, could I just rewire the plug from a UK plug to a Japanese / American one or is it not that simple? I believe the UK runs on 240v and this is displayed on the Pioneer SA 620. I hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 42

larkone

Quicker and simpler to just use a normal 2 or 4 way extension - then you have fuse for each cable in the plugs. You won't if you use these. Yes the UK is 240v which is why we protect everything with a fuse.

A cassette deck - thought they had all been sent to the great dump in the sky some 20 years ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom