1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer replacement

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by locutus, Oct 22, 2004.

1. locutus

locutus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well over the last couple of weeks my Pioneer DCS303 system has started playing up.
    Basically the system will play a dvd but upon reaching the layer change sometimes the machine will stop, reset and start loading the dvd again.

Other times it won't even load a dvd. It will just sound like it's trying to spin the dvd then stop.

I am a bit annoyed as it's a nice system and I only got it a couple of years ago.

So I am stuck with two choices. I can either buy another dvd player and then run it through the old Pioneer system. Then later on I can upgrade from the Pioneer system to a nice amp.

Or I can buy another all in one system from the start.

As I was not expecting this problem and have just had to buy a new fridge/freezer, the first option is cheaper to start off with. I am not looking at a mega expensive player. Something like the Denon DVD-1710 or Pioneer DV575A would do the trick. Oh and if I can I would like to get something with component outs just in case I decide to get an LCD screen in the next 12-18 months.

Any suggestions?

2. locutus

locutus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well that was a worthwhile post

3. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The toshiba sd340e might be up your street not all that expensive and if you are using an old system then it might not be fuly necessary to buy an ott player. I dont like the Denon 1710 or the 575 as they feel cheap and shoddy and the woobly buttons on them makes me cringe (the tray inparticular on the denon) So i would hedge my bets and go with the toshiba or try and pick up a good second hand deal on this forum.

4. ktng

ktng
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well you have hardly given any information to go on have you :lesson:

Unless you have the facility to play SACD/DVD-Audio or plan to upgrade why not go for the Pioneer 470 rather than the 575.

5. johnkay

johnkay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my pioneer dsc303 has started to play up, it now freezes on playback and then tries to continue with sometimes jerky playback and sometimes just a frozen frame. It also sometimes goes back to the beginning of a film. Any ideas what it could be. Is there a service menu that I can bring up on it. Could it be that it would be cured by a lens clean of the laser. Any advice would be most appreciated.