pioneer remote

M

martinfroom

I have just purchased a Pioneer TF100GB freeview box and though I am pleased with the box I have problems with the remote control. I find it to be quite unresponsive and you have to point it right at the box for it to work and I also find it to be awkward to hold because of the batteries being at the top, if you hold it the wrong way round it is far better. Has anyone else found the remote a problem?

I have exactly the same issues with this as you, martinfroom.

Great box, I purchased it because it came so highly recommended from this forum. And people were right - the box does everything they said it would - fast channel changing and a shed load of connections round the back means this is one hell of a box.

However, the remote leaves a lot to be desired. Since you metioned that holding it the other way around it a lot more comfortable I am annoyed that I have to hold it the right way up - glad you pointed it out, but damn, I wish I didn't know that!

Pointing it directly at the box itself is another issue which I agree with - the remote itself seems to have a uni-directional IR beam. Just have to put up with I suppose.

However, whilst I can live with these niggling features for the sake of a cracking digital box, I can't seem to operate my Sony KV32FX68 with it using the TV contraols located at the bottom of the remote (vol, power, channel etc). This is such a pain in the behind!

Am I overlooking something blindingly obvious or is this a known issue. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
-Steve.

Thanks for your reply Im glad someone has noticed the same niggles as me, I emailed the pioneer website but they just gave me the very abrupt reply of (If you have issues with your remote contact your supplier) very Helpful. As too the problems with your Sony TV I had to try all the codes till I reached nearly the last one. Just make sure you hold down the tv power button while you input the code and it should turn off your telly as soon as you input the last number of a given code. If still know joy email pioneer at their site www.pioneer.co.uk, Good luck!

Nice one mate - I, like many men I guess, never look in a manual...ever. For anything. Guess I'll have to consider it in the future.

Ah well,

Cheers,
-Steve.

Originally posted by imranthebinman
However, whilst I can live with these niggling features for the sake of a cracking digital box, I can't seem to operate my Sony KV32FX68 with it using the TV contraols located at the bottom of the remote (vol, power, channel etc). This is such a pain in the behind!

Am I overlooking something blindingly obvious or is this a known issue. Any help greatly appreciated.

I assume you've set the appropriate Control Code for the Sony on the remote. Page 7 of the manual lists the instructions to do this, there a full set of codes at the back.

Mine works fine with a Philips TV.

I agree about the design, the remote feels upside down.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom