Pioneer recevier no display to projector

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by weyanteric, Aug 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. weyanteric

weyanteric
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I have been searching this forum and the web and have been unable to find a solution to my problem. I have purchased a Pioneer VSX-822-K receiver and want to connect this receiver to my Epson EX71 projector using the receivers HDMI out. I would also like to connect my xbox 360 and ps3 into the hdmi inputs on the receiver and have them play out the projector. However, I cannot get the receiver to play to the projector. When trying to select the home menu button on the remote nothing happens. However, there is a ipod/usb port on the receiver and when plugging in an ipod and setting the receiver to ipod/usb does display the ipod controls through the projector. When connecting the xbox or ps3 to the receiver, I do not get any display. So how would it display for the ipod, but not the ps3 or xbox 360? I figured it could be the projector not playing nice with the xbox or ps3 and connecting the tv to the receiver and still could not get a signal. could the hdmi board be bad or am I missing a setting somewhere? the sound from the receivers has been solid and I would hate to go through the hassle of taking the unit back. Any help is appreciated.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,470
    Have you tried connecting the PS3 and or Xbox_360 direct to the Projector over HDMI?

Pg 110 of the Projector User Manual lists the signals formats the HDMI Input is compatible with – it looks pretty standard though does omit 24p support (which the PS3 supports).

What cabling runs between the AVR and the Projector?

Joe

PS Ensure you are powering everything Off at the wall whenever you make any changes to the HDMI connectivity.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  3. Mark.Yudkin

Mark.Yudkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,531
    The Epson EX71 is a native WXGA (1280 x 800) multimedia (i.e. PC) projector without HDCP support.

It is not designed to work with your Pioneer's HDMI ouptut (or any other HDMI receiver's), and as such, it "works as designed" (i.e. no display).

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,470
    Hi Mark

I'm missing the bit about lack of HDCP support - if true its nuts when the Projector is fitted with an HDMI Input socket!

Joe