Pioneer Receiver Question...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Boagrius, Aug 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Boagrius

Boagrius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, kinda new here and was looking for a tip or two while I set up my (very old) Pioneer VSX-5700S Receiver...

1. (n00b question here) but when there is four speaker surround, which is right and which is left when hooking up the back speakers? (looking at them is that left or right) OR (facing the television which is left or right) I know its kinda stupid, but just wondering...

2. Old Pioneer receivers are famous for having the front panel lights turn out due to bad soldering. Anyone know where to get old Pioneer receiver manuals (VSX-5700s) for free or at least cheap? I dont want to crakc oipen this thing completely blind here..

Just trying to tweak the best I can out of this old (but still very good) receiver.....

Thanks!
    -Boagrius

2. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    As you sit watching the screen the left is left and right is right, if you turn round and look at the speakers its the oposite of that.
    Can't help you with the manual, sorry.

3. Boagrius

Boagrius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the first answer, that was my guess when I hooked it up earlyer. Thanks....anyone know anyhting baout the manuals? Or point me somewhere to find them?