1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Rear Projection TV Convergence Help!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Jeremy_a, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Jeremy_a

Jeremy_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mum has got a 50inch Pioneer rear projection TV. It's been fine for 3 1/5 years, but today, very suddenly, the red has been thrown off to the left by about 5 inches. I've tried setting the convergence, but it wont allow me to move the red inline with the green and the blue. The green and the blue are perfectly in line, and you can see the red is also distorted. She has phoned Pioneer but they will only send an engineer at a silly price. I've had the screen off and the bottom cover, but cant see anything a miss.

I know it's a long shot, but any ideas??

2. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    Had exactly the same thing with a 50" Pioneer CRT RPTV. Mind you it was nearly a decade old so it didn't owe me a lot. Sadly the cost of repair will probably be beyond economic repair. I was eventually quoted, after a lot of hassle, and £75 just to get it looked at, getting on for a thousand pounds. I cut my losses and wrote it off and bought a new TV. Sorry it's not what you want to hear, I'm sure.

Regards

Mark

3. Jeremy_a

Jeremy_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a CRT RPTV, and it's about 5 or 6 years old.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    Indeed. Not a DLP. So, moving......

5. Jeremy_a

Jeremy_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've no idea what a DLP is (cant say I care). But I posted it in the only section that refered to Rear Projection.