Pioneer RCS-LX60D- 5.1 Xbox 360 Problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by redman9000, Feb 3, 2009.

1. redman9000

redman9000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the RCS-LX60D connected to my xbox 360 via the red and white audio cables and I use the hd component (input 2 on my tv) to my pioneer pdp-506xd (tv only capable of rendering 720p) Anyway, I recently bought a digital optical audio cable for the purpose of getting DD 5.1 for my gaming and I put one end of the cable into the optical audio slot in the supplied 360 AV cable and the other end into the optical slot in the amp/subwoofer. However I dont think im getting 5.1 sound to come out. I changed the settings in the dashboard to enable Dolby Digital 5.1 but still no luck. When i pull out the red and white audio cables no sound comes out at all. Is that supposed to happen? Is there a way to activate it by changing the settings on the remote or on the input (which is what I had to do to get my tv to accept the signal from the hd component). Please if anyone knows how to get surround sounbd with their 360 or any console with this system or with any other pioneer system, could you kindly guide me in the right direction. Would be much appreciated.