Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer Progressive scan lockout rescue!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dekoded, Dec 28, 2004.

1. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Whilst messing around in the setup menu of my Pioneer DV-565A (DV-563A in USA I believe) I managed to select progressive output by mistake :blush:
    and so I was unable to view the menu to change the setting back, luckily the operating instructions tell you how to get back to interlace setting :thumbsup:

In case you don't have the instructions and you've locked yourself out like I did,
    here is what it says in the book:
    Switch the player to standby then, using the front panel controls, press STANDBY/ON while pressing the I<< << button to switch the player back to interlace.

Or you could use my 'blind' menu navigation sequence (if you are too lazy to get up and physically touch the front of your dvd player) assuming this was the last setting you changed (before the screen went black due to it not supporting prog input) use your remote and press the following:
    home menu, down button 3 times, left button 3 times, enter,right,down,enter.

and your picture should re-appear :clap:

If you own one of these players and think you might be as daft as me then maybe you should print this out.