pioneer problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by shaunthedude, Mar 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a pioneer vsx c300 amp and speaker system. I have 2 speakers either side of the tv and the centre speaker on top of the tv. Last night the top of the picture had white splodges on it. I moved the speaker off the top of the tv and the spodlges dissapeard after I switched the tv off and on again. I thought that the centre speaker was shielded and supposed to go on top of the tv? Am I wrong here. Any advice appreciated:confused:

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    Most centre speakers are shielded but not all of them. You´ll need to reposition it elsewhere, how about underneath (if you have a tv stand) so its 6 inches below the tv. Or how about on a shelf above the TV if its possible.

Short of that you may need to get another (shielded) centre speaker.

3. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    In this day and age there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why speakers are not magnetically shielded. It's not something that people really worry about when buying speakers; it's only when they want to use them close to the TV there is a problem.

My moan of the day!

Mark