Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer Plasma Warranty

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by hemp3, May 6, 2004.

1. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    I purchased a Pionner plasma/dvd second hand this week. It was brand new boxed from empire direct. However, after contacting both pioneer and empire direct who both said contact the other one like they do in the most infuriating of ways, I was told by empire direct they are not responsible. If I have a reciept from empire direct but with someone elses details is the warranty still valid. Surely some (lucky) people must get gifts of pioneer products such as DVD's etc what do they do if i breaks down? Anyone know the legal standing? Theres nothing wrong with it at the moment but I would like to know I am covered and I also want to get the Dom & Gen warranty which you need the manufacturers one year warranty for.

2. shyboy

shyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Is there somthing wrong with the plasma? (you dont actually say)
    could you not contact the seller and get him to contact pioneer?

the post is not very clear, if i were you i would re-write it mate.

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to Pioneer the Warranty is transferable.

We got a 433MXE only a couple of months old, and the warranty xfer was one of my main worries. Spoke to Pioneer and they said as long as you have the reciept, the warranty is transferrable.

Which model Plasma did you get??

I've got a quote form Dom & Gen for 2yrs extra warranty cover and it was £549, payable in 10 x £54.90 installments.

The 1yrs warranty was £299 again payable in installments.

Nexnix may also do an extended warranty via their third party company. Albeit they want £100 just to do a inspection check to determine if they will give you the warranty.

The cost of the warranty itself is very good though, £330 for 2yrs

I just think the £100 inspection check is a huge rip-off though, what do they do for the £100 quid?????

regards
    Gary

4. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I got quoted £749 for my pioneer 504hde, I think I may call them again. Was that quote quite recent and how much did you say the value was?

5. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    quote was done last friday/saturday. Had paper quoted delivered on monday/tuesday this week - so definately recent.

Ours is the 43" model not the 50" though. said that value was £3k - £3.5k, which is not far off.

Gary

6. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I said 5k so maybe thats why will call them anyway. As the adress/details didnt seemd to make much difference it seemed to me that it was just a blanket price.