1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Plasma Scratches

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by DAVIDSON1450, Sep 5, 2005.

1. DAVIDSON1450

DAVIDSON1450

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My PIONEER 435FDE has developed a problem.
    Three weeks after the screen arrived i noticed red marks on the screen.
    Pioneer have inspected the screen and have said that they are smudges on the screen that they can not remove.
    Has anybody else come across this problem with PIONEER PLASMAS because they have said that it is a new one on them and are unable to help me.

THANKS

2. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    How did it happen?

Sounds like you have been polishing it with Brasso?! Are Pioneer replacing your unit?

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some guy on another thread I replied to found what im about to say really funny to the extent that he took the p*ss and we both got banned from the forum for a number of days because of my reply to him lol...anyway here goes again and I know this wont be any help to you Davidson but I always keep my screen covered with a cloth when not in use...as daft as it seems it does keep off any unwanted fingers or the fall out from wife and over zealous furniture polishing etc....to me though it sounds like it could be the anti reflective coating may have been damaged ( do Pioneers have this as Panasonics do)...personally I wish the sets didnt have this coating cos it means u cant run a wet rag over the screen and follow up with a clean with a bit of newspaper

4. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. DAVIDSON1450

DAVIDSON1450

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The marks are still on the screen this is after PIONEER had one of their boffins look at it.They can not be removed and PIONEER have said that they will not replace it and that i will have to talk to my local store from which it came and guess what , they say that they are unwilling to get involved so trading standards here i come.

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I'm very afraid this sounds like 'customer damage' to me, it's been wiped with something that disagrred with it maybe. I think this is the line your retailer will pursue. I've had this, but the customer fronted up to me, the au pair had done it, he said. sort of patches of red and purple had appeared?

7. DAVIDSON1450

DAVIDSON1450

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your thoughts MAW but even PIONEER are unable to say what has caused the marks.
    Your response is topical of a retailer,it is always easy to blame the customer and hope the problem goes away,in this case i the customer have done nothing to cause the marks,the screen has been cleaned only with the cloth provided and if these plasmas are so delicate that dust marks the screen then i suggest that customers are made aware of this at the point of sale.

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Sorry mate4, not being judgemental, just forewarning you. I'm not your typical retailer, I'm trying to get inside the mind of yours. Forewarned is forearmed. I don't mean to just bethere to depress you, in spite of my avatar and signature, you just need to be aware. I'm also sure of my ground, your damage is terminal and its caused by friction of some sort, maybe before sale, I don't know that. I have possibly seen more screens than the pIoneeer guys, actually.

9. Blue.Rocket

Blue.Rocket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi;
    I thought that your local store would be under obligation to take the steps of at least having it looked at under trading standards.

However i think if you have any home contents accidental insurance, then a little shove , or a glass of water down the back,may cure the problem....