1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Plasma Problem?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by luddite2, Apr 8, 2005.

1. luddite2

luddite2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have PDP-502MXE with PDA-5001 Video Box which is four years old which runs in a home cinema environment.I have been away for a couple of weeks and return to find a strange problem with display and would like to know if anyone has seen or heard of this type of problem.I have two vertical bars half screen height from bottom to mid height each approx 15 pixels wide separated by one one or two pixels about third of way in from left hand side of screen.These two rectangles produce perfect colour but seem to "ghost" what is being written next to them under certain conditions i.e. if you pull up sky movies page one to the right of the numbers associated with the channels you get bits of number in black to right of actual numbers (where it should be blue)-lower half of 5 as that is top of the rectangles and bits of 6 7 etc down the screen.Problem is same on all four inputs-one being component and not through video box.Any input will be appreciated-especially anything (constructive!)to do with Pioneer service.(Running with Arcam P7 DV89 sky+ but presume it's a display only prob)

2. VSC

VSC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As a guess the 'digital video assembly' PCB is knackered. All I can say is it's going to cost you if you want it repairing.

3. luddite2

luddite2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that-any idea apart from pioneer who might fix this sort of thing.Four years into the skip seems a bit tragic for the Plasma medium (and expensive!).