1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Plasma and Home cinema System

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by wisey, Sep 16, 2004.

1. wisey

wisey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need advice please. It has taken months to decide tha the Pioneer PDP434HDE and the Home cinema DV990 system was the package for me.
    Then when i am about to make the purchase I am told that i may want to wait until October for the 435XDE version and that the 990 is EOL.

Im now in a dilemna of what to do and any other Home Cinema systems or packages.

Plasma Warehouse have a good deal and i had about £4k to spend. I am not technical and simply relying on magazines i have read that rate the pionner as up there in the best .

Appreciate any thoughts or advice

2. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Hey Wisey and welcome to the forums. So far the info on the new pio plasmas are scarce as no one has actually seen it in action. If you had your heart set on the 434 go for it cause its still a very nice piece of equipment. Try getting a all in one that supports hdmi like the new samsung to make full use of the 434's potential. I'm sure the other forum users will gove you some more input.

3. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you need to watch digital TV, then wait till the 435XDE is out. I think prices will be similar, but expect to pay a little bit more for the digital model.

Ban5hee - what is the 'all in one' by Samsung you mention - i'm in a similar dilema to wisey, but (think) i'm going to hold out for the new one. Is it a DVD / Amp system?

4. frozendexter

frozendexter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Wisey, had the 434 since last november and wouldn't be without it! Im still amazed by the pictures it throws out. if youve got sky I carn't see the point of the new unit, if you dont buy it from joe, get it from John Lewis and enjoy the 5 year free warranty upgrade.