Pioneer Plasma 436rxe Catalogue of problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Bazrazmataz, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Bazrazmataz

Bazrazmataz
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi Ive owned the pioneer since september and had frequent problems with it.

the main problem i have is image retention and while so far nothing has been permanent damage. the worst case i had tho took over a month to remove and thats simply just not good enough.

My latest instance has come from playing Gears of War and i have the image of the shotgun burned in the top right hand , ive been not playing the game and running the tv on snow every single night at maximum contrast etc but the image fades so slowly.

I was looking thru my digital video essentials to see if there was a brilliant white screen i could run on high brightness and see if that made it fade. During this i noticed one small pixel in the bottom corner of my tv that just stays blue all the time.

My question is where do pioneer stand on damaged pixels with the warrenty ? I mean its hardly as if it effects the viewing experience.

Also does anyone have any experience of these dvds just as pixel protector which have tools to wash the image retention out. Id love something that could help me get rid of this quicker as im gagging to play gears of war.

any input is greatfully recived.

cheers

2. chaparral

chaparral

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    I can't really see how a solid white screen could help to get rid of image retention...as all the pixels would be wearing at the same rate...

3. mad_angler1

mad_angler1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Its funny you post as I was in comet tonight picking up an optical cable and noticed the same TV was there with really bad image retention of a Sky logo in the bottom left of the screen, as I watched I saw the logo was on a loop and stayed on the screen for just under a minute and then went for about the same, I could not believe how bad it was. All of the screens were on the same loop and none of the other plasmas had it. :thumbsdow

4. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Any chance you can send it back and get the latest 427 as a replacement?

5. Bazrazmataz

Bazrazmataz
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well im so used to having problems id never ever recommend plasma to anyone yeah sure the picture is excellent but the way u have to worry about what ur watching and how long u play games is a joke,

As far as the white screen thing i presumed thats what the white wash feature was on so many of the other sets. guess ill just have to wait the month it takes for the ghost image to go again !!! 6 hour fun for a months worth of pain.