Pioneer Plasma (427XD) won't let me have digital & analogue !

pna1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a Pioneer 427XD - quite old I know but have been using it for digital freeview and its got a great picture. It says it has separate analogue & digital tuners.

I now have my Sky picture routed around my house using the Co-axial cable and on my other TV's, I'm able to manually tune into the signal.

But - on my pioneer it looks like I can only tune into DTV (and sacrifice Analogue) or Analogue and then lose Freeview. If I select DTV, it autoscans, finds all the Freeview stuff, but then doesn't let me add anything else manually.

Any ideas how I can have both !!

I know that the signal is coming down the co-axial - just can't tune to it!

Hope you can help

There isnt an anologue signal now in the UK m8.....

Thanks

I have an RF out using Co-axial out the back of my sky box & routes around the house - how can I tune to it - the digital tuner seems to only do auto tune and it can't find this signal

From memory, sorry if I am mistaken... The tv has analogue and digital ports for Aerial cables so I think you need to connect the digital coax out to the analog coax in (like a pass-thru). And of course you need to select analogue tv viewing.

From memory, sorry if I am mistaken... The tv has analogue and digital ports for Aerial cables so I think you need to connect the digital coax out to the analog coax in (like a pass-thru). And of course you need to select analogue tv viewing.

:thumbsup:

This is spot on - many thanks.

I had failed to notice the separate aerial sockets on the back. So - whilst its working now - by using this splitter I found in the garage (pic attached), whilst the DTV picture is fine, the Analogue one (carrying my sky) is a poor image.

Can I buy a better adaptor for this?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 47
Just fixed it completely - didn't need the splitter - the Digital aerial had an out point as well so i used a small piece of coaxial to come out of the Digital out, and into the Analogue in.

All now fixed.

Thanks for the help

I think what's I said to do in the first place :)

Good that you got it fixed anyway!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom