PIONEER PDPLX5090 false contouring/ posterization?

ener1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have currently a Samsung suffering from the above. I use a Humax Foxsat HD box and we can clearly see the above randomly. The issue has been well documented in the PS50a656 Samsung thread but i am so fed up with it that i am seriously considering moving up to a Pioneer 5090 or high end Panasonic 50 inch.

before i pull the trigger i would very much appreciate to hear from Pioneer 5090 users who use their screen with a Humax Foxsat HD/SKY HD box and if they can confirm that (generally) they do not have this issue (like blurred faces)

many thanks
Ener1

I have currently a Samsung suffering from the above. I use a Humax Foxsat HD box and we can clearly see the above randomly. The issue has been well documented in the PS50a656 Samsung thread but i am so fed up with it that i am seriously considering moving up to a Pioneer 5090 or high end Panasonic 50 inch.

before i pull the trigger i would very much appreciate to hear from Pioneer 5090 users who use their screen with a Humax Foxsat HD/SKY HD box and if they can confirm that (generally) they do not have this issue (like blurred faces)

many thanks
Ener1

if you find banding and false contouring annoying, I would stick with a new panasonic plasma. They have the most shades of gradation and the new '09 range should have deep blacks/good contrast also.

I have a Panny and there is no posterisation. There are other issues though. If you are thinking of Pio I would be the last to dissuade you. If you have the cash, get it and you will feel lucky you made the right choice.

How do I know this? Spending too long on these forums! :D

If you are willing to wait for the spring refresh, we'll see what's what then, but I can't imagine Pio will be left behind.

Richer Sounds are apparently selling the previous Pio 50" for a thousand quid with speakers and stand atm. Bargain!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom