• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PIONEER PDPLX5090 false contouring/ posterization?

ener1

I have currently a Samsung suffering from the above. I use a Humax Foxsat HD box and we can clearly see the above randomly. The issue has been well documented in the PS50a656 Samsung thread but i am so fed up with it that i am seriously considering moving up to a Pioneer 5090 or high end Panasonic 50 inch.

before i pull the trigger i would very much appreciate to hear from Pioneer 5090 users who use their screen with a Humax Foxsat HD/SKY HD box and if they can confirm that (generally) they do not have this issue (like blurred faces)

many thanks
Ener1

usman24

I have currently a Samsung suffering from the above. I use a Humax Foxsat HD box and we can clearly see the above randomly. The issue has been well documented in the PS50a656 Samsung thread but i am so fed up with it that i am seriously considering moving up to a Pioneer 5090 or high end Panasonic 50 inch.

before i pull the trigger i would very much appreciate to hear from Pioneer 5090 users who use their screen with a Humax Foxsat HD/SKY HD box and if they can confirm that (generally) they do not have this issue (like blurred faces)

many thanks
Ener1

if you find banding and false contouring annoying, I would stick with a new panasonic plasma. They have the most shades of gradation and the new '09 range should have deep blacks/good contrast also.

mwardy

I have a Panny and there is no posterisation. There are other issues though. If you are thinking of Pio I would be the last to dissuade you. If you have the cash, get it and you will feel lucky you made the right choice.

How do I know this? Spending too long on these forums! :D

If you are willing to wait for the spring refresh, we'll see what's what then, but I can't imagine Pio will be left behind.

Richer Sounds are apparently selling the previous Pio 50" for a thousand quid with speakers and stand atm. Bargain!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom