• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer PDP508XD - £1350 2 year warranty?

singingauditor

Established Member
Hi

New to this forum. But was wondering what your thoughts were on the following deal.

I bought the above TV - ex dsiplay - but in mint condition - only used for a 10 hours or so, from a decent HIFI shop. They wanted £1500, but having told them I could get it new for £1550. I was able to get it for £1350 with a 2 year warranty.

Is this a good deal. I see from the threads and the reviews that it is a great TV. I was swinging towards the LG PG6000 but there seemed to be too many issues. So for a few hundred more than an LG have I got a good deal??

Getting buyers remorse. Its not been delivered yet. I have a panasonic 37px600, which I cant fault - hopefully this will be a big improvement????

I have Sky HD, and a PS3 to put through it.

thanks in advance

Rob20

Prominent Member
I would have been dead chuffed if I'd got the above deal. A 508XD with min hours in mint con for £1,350. I paid £1,275 inc del. for my 26" tosh lcd (less than) 4 years ago. Ok, prices have fallen significantly, yet you have bought probably the 2nd best 50" set available for a mere £75 more. That's how I see it anyway. Stick with ther Pioneer. :):clap:

uktrailmonster

Established Member
Sounds like a good deal to me. I just bought a smaller PDP4280XD - £1199 5 year warranty from JL. It's ex display with 450 hours use on it, so a bit more used than yours.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom