1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP506XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by wp_10001, Oct 30, 2005.

1. wp_10001

wp_10001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a Pioneer PDP 506 XDE (great looking TV, awesome picture) but I am really not enjoying it. Reason being that there is a constant high frequency buzzing coming from the set that can be heard 10 feet away, and gets worse when the picture is brighter. Now I have read about this problem with plasma before - many posts on this site, but was wondering if anyone has had this problem with the new pioneer? in my view the only sound you should hear should be from the audio on the program, not a constant buzzing. Any thoughts?

2. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    You only need to search this forum for the words pioneer and buzz and you'll realise that you are not alone!

I've had more than my fair share of buzzing 434s, and some 436s I've looked at in shops also buzz.

Go search ...

3. wp_10001

wp_10001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to be honest - almost every plasma i have owned has buzzed to some degree, i was just hoping that they had fixed the problem by now... i have had a first generation plasma for 4 years and lived with the buzz but just assumed with a £3500 set, it was no longer an issue. i tried the new 50" phillips first (cheaper set) but this had the loudest buzz ever. this pioneer is not as bad as that but is still annoying!! cant fault it other than that though - great set the 506.

4. Chris Blackwell

Chris Blackwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sit ten feet from mine and can't hear any buzz. With the audio system turned off there is a slight buzzing that changes slightly when you switch between 75 and 100MHz but certainly nothing that I would call intrusive. Perhaps you should get it checked out?

Great set by the way - really enjoying mine!

5. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mines totally silent :)

I would get it seen to, must be faulty.

6. blossom

blossom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I can't hear anything coming from my 436.

7. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I sit 10 feet from my 506 and can't hear no buzz. The only time I can hear a buzz is if I put my ear close to the back of the screen.

8. Munin

Munin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried set it to 100Hz instead of 75Hz? If not, try and see if that helps...

9. duncan_smith

duncan_smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure this has something to do with the advanced settings.
    Mine used to buzz. I turned off the ADV function I think.

Try turning off all the advanced settings and set the picture on standard, not the movie setting.

10. StefanoC

StefanoC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I originally posted about my 436 buzzing, and now that I've had it for a few weeks I no longer hear it, you either get used to it or it reduces as the set runs in. I had my set swapped out due to a dead pixel and buzzing and the new one hasn't got any dead pixels and the buzzing is the same.

Give it time and it will cease to be a problem and enjoy the BEST plasma TV(note the word TV) money can buy.