Pioneer PDP505XDE plasma bright light problem - help!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by philci, Oct 31, 2005.

1. philci

philci

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with bright light - for example scenes where light is shining through a window or where there are bright indoor lights (of any colour) in the scene. I attach a picture of a paused frame from Dr Who showing the effect. You can see a halo around each bright light source. This is a DVD source played through an HDMI link from a Denon DVD 3910.

Can anybody help - it is driving me crazy now! I have played around with all the picture settings to no avail. Elsewhere picture is fine - it appears to be mainly studio / indoor scenes that cause the problem.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just to help with the diagnostic, have you tried component, RGB or even S-Video and do you get the same effect? (not suggesting you move permanantly to one of these cables)

Is the effect more noticable with any particular colour (reds etc)?

Is this just with DVD or is it with all sources? (If just DVD have you tried the player on a different screen / TV?)

Sorry you have got this problem, the piccy looks quite bad.

3. unique

unique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    i remember hearing about "light trails" caused in the 80s by lights on footage recorded onto videotape, and you could tell if something was recorded on film or video by looking at the lights. i understand this problem no longer exists due to technological advances

i have a 505 myself and never noticed any problems with the pic. have you checked by playing something from film origin on your setup, and also by playing your dr who dvd on another setup?

what dvd is it exactly, and what year is it from? if it's an 80s dr who, it sounds like what i've described

4. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    His Dr Who DVD is from the latest series with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor.