1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP505XDE Help Please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mpress, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mpress

mpress

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: Good Morning,

I had the PDP505XDE installed yesterday and I am thrilled with it :rotfl: and very impressed with PQ :thumbsup:

I would like to get your opinions :lesson: on what would be good general settings on colour, contrast, tint, sharpness etc. I know that different programmes and inputs will have different perfect requirements but if there was a setting that would be considered a good one for most things then I can always tweak when watching something very particular. :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

Your help would be much appreciated and have a good Sunday! :hiya:

Marc

2. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The general advice on here has been to ensure that the contrast and brightness levels are kept somewhat low for the first 200 hours of viewing and then you can crank them up.

Also, it has been suggested that a professional ISF calibration of the screen after 200 hours would maximise your viewing pleasure.

Thats the way I'm going with my 505........done about 90 or so hours now.

Niraj

3. Guy10

Guy10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There

Excellent choice in screens - I've had mine for a couple of months.

After the 200 hours I had a go at setting mine up with the DVE disk (available on this forum) and came up with the settings:

Contrast 32
    Brightness +5
    Colour -6
    Sharpness -1
    Everything else set to neutral or off.

All the settings I've seen for the 505 or 435 seem to be quite similar to these.

Cheers

Guy

4. mpress

mpress

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this... I am going to try it out now :eek:) and thanks to the other post re screen burn I will bear this in mind...

If there are any other opinions on ideal settings for this screen then I would be pleased to see them :rolleyes: