Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer PDP505XDE Available?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by TigerTom, Nov 10, 2004.

1. TigerTom

TigerTom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, anyone know of a UK supplier with stock of Pioneer's new PDP505XDE?

I have a back order with a Pioneer authorise dealer and they have no clue.

Way back, Pioneer's customer relations was saying it will be October, now they say they are not expecting stock until late November (which probably means some time December?).

Naturally, thinking about buying a Panny now. Lost faith in Pioneer's ability to supply.

:lease:

2. AndyCS

AndyCS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had mine now for nearly 2 weeks, supplied by Joe Fernand @ TMF I suggest you give him a try.

3. tima27

tima27
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I'm waiting for one of these too, stick in there, it will be worth the wait

I have seen nothing else this size that looks as nice or performs as well

Does anyone know if you get more buzz with a 50" than a 42/43" ?

4. V5-APS

V5-APS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Sevenoaks have them in stock....

5. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +515
    Do a search on pricerunner.co.uk. I found 15 places who had them in stock starting from £4299. One is KRISH audio where I bought my 868 and 2014i. Had same day delivery. Can't beat that!

6. screenman

screenman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

New to the forums but have been lurking on and off for a while...

Strongly considering going for the PDP505XDE - tilt wall mounted, with Pioneer 868 DVD Player via HDMI and with SKY+ and PS2 too!

Wanted to know if anyone has noticed some retailers declaring this unit discontinued, and if its true....is Pioneer going to release something else soon !? (Noticed also that the Pioneer 435FDE has gone down again in price today in most retailers).

Thought this is a little odd regarding the 505 as if I'm right, its was only released in June/July 2004 and has had little shelf life if true !?

Anyone able to shed any light on the matter please!? Dont wish to part with the readies and purchase a screen that may soon be replaced....

( Any other good sources or tips on the unit out there at all!?!! - thanks! ;) )

Thanks in advance for any info!

screenman

7. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262

There is every chance you are wrong regarding this,as the 505 has only really just become readily available as of Nov of this year.

8. screenman

screenman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm....odd as I vaguely recall first seeing it on the pioneer website back in June/July, and also there are multiple press release reports both on the pioneer website and other sources indicating also that its product release date to the UK was around then.

Would anyone know where I would be able to source some kind store to do a price match with in North London or the Hertfordshire area? I know who I will be buying it from, but need to find somewhere else who has a better price to match it against!!?!

I've shopped around lots of stores with my limiled knowledge and over the counter prices have varied from £4400 - £5000 for just the pdp505xde panel with side speakers and stand (I'm not looking to wall mounting any longer). What should the best price be one could achive over the counter roughly or does anyone know simply where any better could be from what I've found already please !?

Much appreciated, thanks in advance....!

screenman

9. cashlessbond

cashlessbond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    The Pioneer PDP505XDE Has only just become available. you must be confusing it with the PDP504HDE. I have just purchased the XDE from Empiredirect.co.uk and I took delivery of it towards the end of Nov.

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    No probs I know of about stock, but the screen is technically only available to 'Works' dealers, ie the technical cognoscenti.

11. screenman

screenman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm.... I was sort of right.....Comet has had the 505xde as Discontinued for a little while now. It was around 20% off from its inflated prices anyway but they are out of stock completely now and wont be getting more....was available last week though.

Comet do normally call end of products lines quite early on and are a good indication of things to come.....wonder what is going on here with Pioneer and if something else is looming around the corner since the xde and fde ranges took a bit of criticism from the media when first released and has maybe not done too well as a result...

12. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Looks to me like they were'nt supposed to have them in the 1st place