Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

pioneer pdp502mxe

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Splatt, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Splatt

Splatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have 502 mxe with pda5001 video board is there any way i can get pal prog on this either by the setup menus or can i change the video card for later versions (have found hidden menu on startup which says HDTV 1080i mode but unable to change)

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +662
    Just to avoid confusion, the PDA-5001 is actually an external box that attaches to the back of the screen rather than a slot in card like the PDA-5002.

There was a version of the 502MX that had built-in video facilities but I believe that was USA/Japan only.

The PDA-5001 manual indicates that it supports 480p, 720p and even 1080p and it does show support for 50Hz based signals but it doesn't indicate any more than that.

However, it does claim to support 31.25kHz horizontal at 50Hz vertical, which is I believe the right settings for PAL progressive.

Have you tried to give it a progressive signal ?

Mark

3. Splatt

Splatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes but picture is unstable with coloured bars going up the screen