• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer PDP502MX problems

Hello,

I know its an old plasma screen but it suits the job that its currently doing. However today i went to turn it on and the screen just wont come on. The fans spin and i can hear a clicking sound as if the tv is about to come on but it doesnt. Then the light on the side flashes green. Nothing much else happens after that.

If it helps previous to this the tv would some times develop a blue haze around the top right of the screen. This would come and go and sometimes move towards the center of the screen.

Has anyone got any ideas of what it could be and the possible repair cost?

Thanks

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Probably better that you contact your nearest Pioneer Service Centre and ask them - they can't charge you for talking.

Get the list of UK Service Centres here.

Cheers,

Martin.

Hello,

I did give the one in london a call and its a £150 plus vat non refundable call out charge before they can tell me anything else. So im abit worried that they will turn up charge that then tell me its an extra £200 to fix it or even worse its not fixable at all. I wouldnt mind paying something like £200 to fix it but much more and i think a cheap samsung 50" is a better investment. Thanks for the link though.

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Yes, I can see your predicament to which I can offer no way out, as that's your decision, and yours alone.

As to the link, you're more than welcome.

Hope you get something sorted out.

Cheers,

Martin.

JeffD

I believe that is an 8 year old model which I doubt is even worth £100 so I think you'd be wasting your money in getting it repaired.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom