Pioneer PDP436XDE connect xbox360HD - HELP!

S

steveGR

I'm not much for technical stuff and have a problem when I connect my new xbox 360 to my pioneer PDP-RO6XE media centre.
It's fine when connected to input 5 at the front, but in order to get HD I need to connect to input 2 at the rear of the media centre.
When i connect the HD lead to the rear [input 2] i get a HD picture, but no sound. I notice that the audio plugs on the media centre are output and there is no input - is this my problem? If so how do I overcome it?
steveGR

paxton

Novice Member
If you have speakers directly attached to your panel, then the audio phonos need to be plugged in to the back of the media box too.

If your speakers are those driven by an amp, then you'll need to put them in your amp. Or purchase an optical (digital) audio cable (~£10 from Maplin's or similar) and plug that from the HD lead at the XBox connection end into the optical audio port on your amp.

Hope this helps!

Baz80

Novice Member
Definitely use the optical cable i have the 360 connected up that way through my cheapo pioneer home cinema and it really is fantastic.
Gears of War in HD in 5.1 is just the best. Mind you Halo's 1&2 are still hard to beat through the 360

S

steveGR

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure you were both correct, but a friend told me the solution without the need for a seperate amp. With the 3 HD plugs connected to component at the rear [input 2], simply connect the 3 audio leads into a scart adapter and plug that into the scart input 2. Works perfectly!
thanks
steveGR

EAZYROG

Standard Member
i have the same setup mate, here's what you need to do :

hook up the xbox using the component hd cables, plug into the component in on the media box.

get you self one of those scart connectors which have rca inputs, then simply plug it into the scart av2, this is only used for the audio.

I have opted for the vga and audio from the front instead of using the rear components.

good luck