1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP435XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by kounkit, Jan 5, 2005.

1. kounkit

kounkit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

Been a long time since I last posted here, but I got some good advice...so I'm hoping on some more now.

I'm in the process of buying my parents a late xmas gift. I've decided to get them a plasma, so they can finally get rid of there 29" Toshiba. Anyway I've boiled down the choice to:

1. Pioneer PDP435XDE
    2. Sony KDE-P42MRX1 - Liked the style....but expensive.

I also consider a panasonic but the lack of HD was a sticky point. My parents have a collection of EVD discs. Which they want to play in HD.

Any advice will be great. I've read in the magazines and from dealers that the DVD picture quality is excellent (if you run it via componet), however standard tv isn't as good.....which is the same for CRT TVs. Also I've seen some plasma's in shops and the images have this horrid grain look.....anyone know what this is?

Thanks,

Kit.

2. El Geet

El Geet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 435xde arrrives tomorrow. I'll give you some initial impressions then. Having said that there's plenty of happy owners I've seen post on here. Have a search.