• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer pdp435pe plasma and ro5fe media box

andycresswell

Standard Member
Dear All

I have the above plasma screen TV which formerly was attached to a media box. During the floods in June (Sheffield) the media box was flooded, but the panel was mounted and did not get at all wet.

I have had a working image on the plasma by connecting the white input to DVI from my PC, so I assume that the screen itself actually works.

Pioneer would not replace the media box as it had been scrapped by the clean up company.

Having searched the internet and contacted Pioneer they assure me that a ro5fe media box should drive the panel and I purchased one from an online retailer on ebay. I also purchased propriety cables to connect.

Connecting them all together I get no output onto the screen at all.

With no cables connected I get green and red alternating flashing squares, however connecting the white and black cables causes causes the flashing to stop and the standby light turn to red. I have tried x3 scart inputs and HDMI into the box and get nothing. The compant have even replaced the box but still no joy.

Any ideas anyone?

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom