1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP435FDE - I need advice please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by lofty29, Sep 30, 2005.

1. lofty29

lofty29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi there,

I posted a thread last night to say that dixons sold me a the Pioneer PDP435FDE with screen burn, and what I should do!!!!

I went to the shop this morning, and told them about the screen burn, and they were very polagetic, and were very sorry about the whole situation, and I was offered a brand new Pioneer PDP435FDE straight from Pioneer, or I could have a full refund.

WHAT DO I PEOPLE? I thought the picture was fantastic, but I was just wondering how easy is it to burn a new screen?

Or I could just settle for a refund, and buy a plasma at a later date.

The Pioneer cost me £1635 which I thought was a good price.

So your advice is greatly needed :thumbsup:

Lofty :)

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    It is a decision only you can make really, if you were happy with the screen it is a very good price I suppose. Ask them to do you a deal on the 436 and see what they can come up with.

Personally I really don't like the 435 at all, but then I had got used to the way the Panasonics looked when I got mine and they are very, very different.

If you could pay another £400 and get a 436XDE I would do that, see what they say.

3. lofty29

lofty29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for your input, but apparantly Dixons haven't got any PDP436XDE in there stores yet!!!!!!

But I'm really interested in the Latest Pioneer, if anyone out there owns one, can you post me a reply as to what you think of it, and can it suffer from screen burn, because I don't want to go through all this again.

Lofty :thumbsup:

4. stormorbit

stormorbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should buy the Pioneer 436XDE and NOT the FDE as this model has no media functions. It's an old model and the Pioneer 436XDE is much better. Get them to change it for the XDE !

5. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    yeah but it's gonna be a grand more :rolleyes: