1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP434 switching off

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ffwd, Aug 10, 2004.

1. ffwd

ffwd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the famous "clock" not setting problem with my media box, so got it swapped. The original box was made May 2004 and the swap-out Jan 2004. The clock problem was fixed but now I have a new problem...
    When the plasma has been on for awhile it just randomly switches off and the media box "on" LED flashes green 8 times, pauses for one count, and then repeats this pattern forever. Turning the media box off and on cured the problem for a week but now the problem is back. I don't think it is an overheating problem; the media box and plasma are well ventilated and the problem occurs even when starting from cold.

Has anyone experienced this problem and can tell me what is causing it?

I think I need to get the box swapped yet again.

2. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ffwd,

I have seen this problem with my 434 too. I also had the May 2004 box swapped for a January 2004 box to cure the clock problem. I haven't yet seen the randomly turning off problem but have seen the screen shut off immediately after turning on and getting the green light flashing as you described.

On all occasions I was trying to copy the audio track from a DVD (music) on to a Mini disc via the phono outputs and also via a digital link. The screen worked OK if it was on before I plugged in the audio into the mini disc. However, if I had the mini disc plugged in and then turned on the screen it would turn off within 3 seconds and I would get the flashing light. Eventually I tried unplugging the Mini Disc and so far so good (fingers crossed and touching wood etc).

Have you contacted Pioneer with regards to this 'fault'? If you did, how did you get on?