Pioneer pdp434 Good deal?

D

deepblue2uk

Hi guys i have been looking for a while to get a 42/43" Plasma. I have toying with the Panny 6 series but i can get a Pioneer PDP434 with tuner box and Pioneer dcs313 DVD home cinema system for £4k.

What do you reckon. Is the TV worth the money with this included. I have seen Bothe the Panny and Pioneer in action with not a lot of difference between them however the source was the usual comet Crud.

ANy thoughts/opinions would be a help.

Cheers Lee

I have a Panny version 4 and Love it to bits... I also like the Look of the new Pioneer 434 with a host of features and top notch picture.. go for it, I am sure you wont be dissapointed

we have had our Panny 15 months now and would never go back to a CRT in the Living room

also the Pioneer is Hi def ready.... something my Panny is,nt

Cheers mate the only thing that is worrying me is some of the threads i have read regarding screen burn. With the logos on SKY and if i plug in the xbox/PS2 i dont want to damage such an expensive bit of kit

Screen burn is not really an issue as long as you use common sense.ie dont leave sky news on all day

I believe the Pioneers are more prone to screen burn than other makes... so for the first 100 hours or so I would be extra careful. and dont have the brightness set really high

my Panny has played PC games for hours on end and has never even given a glimse of screen burn... a much more serious threat is people touching it.. I go rather red when visitors start touching it

also its pretty cool writing emails on a 42" beastie LOL

BUy the Pioneer and enjoy it.. it looks a great panel

The freebie cinema system is nowhere near good enough to do justice to the panel. Unless you have another use for it, it's rubbish. Does that do anything to your value for money calculations.

Just to balance the praise, the 434, fed a good signal, is a stunning picture.

I finally got my 868 replaced last week (first one was DOA), and Nemo through HDMI is jaw droppingly good. The picture was "good" (what I would have considered as good) fed from my old player (very old Lecson 900), but from the 868 the quality was on another level - in fact several levels away! :)

Thanks guys, at present i have a sony ns400d DVD player which on my Sony CRT has given very good PQ. I dont know if this would be the same on the Plasma? Is there something i should be checking on the player to ensure i get the best PQ on my PLasma

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom