1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP433hd

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 44pba, Nov 24, 2003.

1. 44pba

44pba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    just posted this to the progressive scan forum but, having found this one, may have got it wrong. Sorry

Anyway, The 433 does NTSC progressive. It can't do PAL progressive. Whilst being sold (or trying to be in the end) a PAL progressive dvd player (denon) by a pioneer dealer he advised that he could get into the engineer menus of my set and 'switch on' PAL progressive. Is this possible? anyone know how.

I have a pioneer 757Ai DVD with excellent NTSC 480p and this works fine. Pioneer are offering adealer upgrade to this unit to include (or more likely activate) PAL progressive for £80. If I can get the PDP to perform then its worth the upgrade otherwise???

Thanks for the help in advance:hiya:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Never heard of such a mod. I am speaking to a man who will give a definitive answer to that in shortly, I'll edit this with the outcome, and whether that's a pioneer mod or a dealer mod on the 757, I thought it was a remote hack like the multi region mod on a pioneer.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Right, been onto Pio. tech dept, they say no way, no how, no warranty and other scary sounding stuff. The mod to the 757 is official, and sanctioned, and it requires a chip. But pointless with the HDE where no mod is possible.

4. 44pba

44pba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help. Looks like I need a new plasma for pal progressive. By the time I can afford that I will probably need a new DVD, Shame eh!

Anyone want to by a 1 year old pdp433 and dvd757Ai ?

Thanks again