1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer pdp433 hde problem !!! help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sezzi, Mar 18, 2003.

1. sezzi

sezzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi my pioneer plasma has ithink developed a fault !

teletext has dissapeared altogether

however when i press the teletext button when in multi display mode it says no text option available but the button on the remote does nothing when in normal screen mode has any one had this sort of thig happen ?

ive reselt back to shipping mode and does not work

Can anyone help ?

regards
    Alan

2. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes, I had the exact same problem.

You will need to talk to your supplier who will contact Pioneer who will contact their plasma service contractors who will contact you to arrange a date to come round to your house and replace the media box.

3. jeter

jeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also had my media box replaced for this problem.
    But now, with the new media box (pal) that I got, I have a new problem. It's a bit difficult to explain, but I'll try:
    Think of a TV image that has 2 colored squares, 1 in red and 1 in yellow. On the edge, where the red touches the yellow, there is some serious interference (jaggies?). It looks like very heavy noise that is constantly moving.

I have this in TV mode with all kinds of images. Example in a new program with text displayed on the screen, the edges of the text seem to be dancing.

It looks similar to setting the input to AV mode with RGB connected. But I have it on the TV Tuner images (not on DVD).

I don't remember seeing this with the original media box. Does any of the pioneer owners have similar problems?
    Should I request for another replacement?
    Or am I missing a setting?

Thanks for any input.
    If needed, I could post pictures of the images I think...

JeTeR

4. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Not sure exactly what you mean so pictures would help.

What have you got connected to the plasma, and what do you mean by tv mode?

5. sezzi

sezzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on my third tuner box now !!!

this one's lasted the longest so far three months

no funny colours though it dosnt even take 5-10 min to switch on either...

Regards
    Alan

6. jeter

jeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can see a picture here:
    http://www.esolutions-online.be/s40/pio.jpg

I've put green circles, but you can see the problem all over the image. This is the top left corner of my screen (about 20cm wide).
    I reality, this 'noise' is sharper (the picture is a bit blurred) and it is constantly moving.

Any 'hard edge' has this problem. Example: when there is a car on the screen, the edges of the car of full of this noise. Or if a person is wearing glasses, then his face is full of this noise.

I find it so very annoying that I'm convinced that my original tuner did not have it. If it had it, I must have seen it.....

With TV mode, I mean that I'm just watching television through the tuner in de media receiver. Nothing else is connected.

I also had this problem on DVD's. Every DVD menu was showing this exact same problem. But I switched the input from AV mode to RGB mode for my DVD and the problem was gone.
    Unfortunately there is nothing to configure for the TV tuner in the receiver. So I can't find a way to get rid of this in TV images.

Plasma is the Pioneer 433HDE

Thanks in advance!
    JeTeR

7. sezzi

sezzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looks like the quality of tv reception !!!
    have you tried to see if the the problem is better or worse when viewing a quality tv station rather than a budget service provider
    ive noticed that the images provided by my NTL cable vary considerably between chanels ie BBC1 & VH1 ect...
    and as the problem does not occur to dvd maybee !!!
    then again i did notice that quality suffers even with the connections used between dvd players (i have a sony dvdrd player & pioneer dvd) and NTL cable connected...

It may help what i have noticed then again i may be wrong

Regards
    Alan

8. jeter

jeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quality of TV reception is pretty good. Image is clear, no big problems with that.

It's just that all channels have the problem from the picture. All hard edges between two colors seem to be alive and have moving 'noise' around them.

You can see this very good on these financial news channels which have this stock market info on the screen.

Also all other computer generated images like the LibertyTV logo in the picture or any other displayed text on any channel has this.

You don't see this on your plasma?
    Then obviously mine has a problem?
    Or is it just me? I wish I could compare with my original tuner.....

JeTeR