• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer PDP428 and HTPC

Holwill

Hoping someone here with a Pioneer 428 can help me out with a resolution issue I am having. Background is, I put together for my brother in law a small Dell Optiplex pc to use as a sort of starter HTPC, so he can download the odd TV show etc and view straight on the tv. So I installed Vista Home premium and set everything up the same as my own HTPC with Media Browser and FFDShow doing all the decoding etc. Everything works as it is intended to do, so no problems there at all.
When I set it up it was connected to a spare dell 17inch 4.3 monitor, so I thought all I need to do when I take it up to his house is set the resolution to the Pioneers native res of 1024x768. So I connected it by VGA and mini jack to rca for the sound, adjusted the res to match and the desktop looks fine, however when in VMC and trying to watch anything the resolution is pinched. For example full screen tv episodes,now have black borders and films which should have borders are even narrower than they should be.
I have ran through all the settings and everything appears to be fine, now he is ordering a graphics card so he can pass audio and picture through HDMI, so that may solve the issue.
But in the mean time I was just trying to find out if there was any issue's/quirks with the Pioneer's when connecting through VGA.

Thanks for looking!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom