Pioneer PDP4270XA buy or not to buy?

Reaction score
Hi guys

Im new to the forum :)

I know theirs millions of threads which cover plasmas but I've done a search before writing this post but found very little info.

Can someone advise me on the Pioneer PDP4270XA?

Is the detail on the plasma in standard deff top quailty or is it mid range?

Any kind of feedback on the contrast ratio being good when a standard picture is being displayed?

Is the audio from the plasma speakers decent enough so i dont have to buy a 5.1 for a standard house hold living room?

Thanks

I have one, and the buzz is audible when the volume is low and the screen is very bright (i.e. white scenes).

To be honest, I hardly notice it anymore. And it's true when they say the picture gets better over time. Black levels are slightly disappointing however, they were blacker on my previous Panny PX42.

Still a happy chappy however :¬)

thanks for a reply mate..

but i dont think i want to take the chance with the buzzing and the dirty screen..

im now looking into a Philips 42PFL5522..searching the forum to find reviews and gonna do a google search

Thanks

but i dont think i want to take the chance with the buzzing and the dirty screen..

im now looking into a Philips 42PFL5522..searching the forum to find reviews and gonna do a google search

Thanks

If you have any doubts at all, look elsewhere. At the time of purchase it was either the PX42 or 427XD, and I'd already tried the Panny so the Pio was the obvious choice.

If you have any doubts at all, look elsewhere. At the time of purchase it was either the PX42 or 427XD, and I'd already tried the Panny so the Pio was the obvious choice.

fair play mate..as i mentioned above im looking at the model PDP4270XA... reading through the posts..the XA series doesnt have any customer feedback on this fault:confused:

Edit... except for this guy http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4709842&postcount=12

however it doesnt have the 0 so im not sure if that review is related to the model im interested in

hmm from reading the reviews look like i wont be getting the pioneer

Thanks for helping out guys

just an update..i got the pioneer lol

am happy with it:)

although i would like to know one thing...

my LG RH177 recorder is plugged into scart av2

on the tv my av1 for cable is set to rgb..

but for av2 it only allows me to set it to video..

is there not a way i can set it to rgb?

thanks

just an update..i got the pioneer lol

am happy with it:)

although i would like to know one thing...

my LG RH177 recorder is plugged into scart av2

on the tv my av1 for cable is set to rgb..

but for av2 it only allows me to set it to video..

is there not a way i can set it to rgb?

thanks

Use input 3 for the dvd recorder.

Thanks

IMHO i would stay clear of phillips!! Never seem to last any amount of time for me!!!!

I love pioneers so I'm biased..Buy one ....try it!!! send it back if your not happy!!!!!

You'll probably keep it tho!! IMO

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom