Pioneer PDP-LX6090 or Sony KDL-55X4500

awharton

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I've got an option of buying either the Pioneer PDP-LX6090 or the Sony KDL-55X4500 for roughly the same price (around £2500). Only difference between the two is that the Sony comes with a 5 year warranty whereas the Pionner only 1 year. Obviously one is 55" and the other 60". Both great TVs from what I've read.

Which one would you guys go for?

Cheers.

Hi,

I have a feeling that most here being Plasma folks would strongly suggest the Pioneer! I know I would!

Suave!

They are just installing my Pio KRP-500A, so I am biased :D

But, I've wasted a fair portion of my life on deciding whether to buy the Pio or not, and checked everywhere and everything, and to me the clear winner was Pio. I also don't believe in Sony and quality anymore, having had too much Sony crap die on me.

Then again, the 1 versus 5 years warranty is a big difference. I could imagine myself buying the Sony for that reason. I think the Pio is better, but then again, the warranty: tough pick.

The Pioneer buy a country mile. The x4500 didn't impress me at all when i saw, although the only thing that did was the ridiculously high amount of pound coins you would need to buy one ;)

I wouldn't let the warranty sway your decision either way.

Extended warranties (that you pay extra for) favour the provider of the warranty.

It's a gamble on their part that the TV will not require an expensive repair during the period of the warranty.

They aren't 'doing the customer a favour' by offering these warranty deals. They are a lucrative method to earn huge returns at minimal risk.

This is probably why there are lots of 3rd party firms eager to offer their own solid gold warranty on electrical goods they didn't even manufacture themselves.

Thanks guys. Decided to go with the Pioneer in the end. Can't wait for it to arrive!

You are going to have fun :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom