Pioneer PDP-LX6090 or Sony KDL-55X4500

awharton

Standard Member
Hi.

I've got an option of buying either the Pioneer PDP-LX6090 or the Sony KDL-55X4500 for roughly the same price (around £2500). Only difference between the two is that the Sony comes with a 5 year warranty whereas the Pionner only 1 year. Obviously one is 55" and the other 60". Both great TVs from what I've read.

Which one would you guys go for?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Pioneer - Its not even worth wasting time thinking about it!

Its like comparing a porsche with a hyundai!

EarthRod

Distinguished Member
Difficult call.

IMO the 5 year warranty tips the balance and favours Sony.

By the way, if I had the choice between Porsche or Hyundai - it will be a Hyundai. Purely because of running costs. :)

sammy20v

Pioneer - Its not even worth wasting time thinking about it!

Its like comparing a porsche with a hyundai!
They are both great TVs. pay no attention to the above statement and try and go an see them for your self, and consider your primary usage, Games or Movies....

boxrick

Id say a very easy choice of the Pioneer

mojo54

Standard Member
may I ask you where did you decide to buy the pioneer and more importantly where can I find your deal on the Sony 55x4500 for £2500 plus 5 year warranty? thanks

Hi.

I've got an option of buying either the Pioneer PDP-LX6090 or the Sony KDL-55X4500 for roughly the same price (around £2500). Only difference between the two is that the Sony comes with a 5 year warranty whereas the Pionner only 1 year. Obviously one is 55" and the other 60". Both great TVs from what I've read.

Which one would you guys go for?

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom