Pioneer PDP-LX608D Thread

churchwa

Established Member
Reaction score
Given that they are now available to pre-order through various sites, I know because I have already done so, I thought it might be worth while starting a thread for the beast.

Here is the Euro spec page:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/62/63/413/PDP-LX608D/index.html

I am hoping to receive mine sometime in late September, but who knows when it will actually turn up.

I am hoping that after a couple of hundred hours of running in there will be some people posting in theis thread with some excellent settings for this set.

Happy ;)

I hope there a no differences between the two when it comes to settings etc

So i had an email today from AVland telling me they have been told by pioneer that they are getting stock tomorrow of the LX608D. I cant believe it as it is 1 month early, credit to the chaps from avland for being so proactive, otherwise they would not have got my money.

I will let you know if it all goes to plan.

I've just this minute looked at Leading Edge Concepts site and discovered that they are quoting 7days delivery from the manufacturer.

"LEC Price: £4899.99 (7,226.27 EUR approx)

Quantity:

Product in stock?
Awaiting stock from manufacturer, available as indicated below; .. “ And then ‘ 7 Days ‘ in an odd gif format which wont copy and paste into this message.

Link to the page here ... http://www.leconcepts.com/online-shop/plasma-tvs/pioneer-pdp-lx608d-plasma-hdtv.html

So i had an email today from AVland telling me they have been told by pioneer that they are getting stock tomorrow of the LX608D. I cant believe it as it is 1 month early, credit to the chaps from avland for being so proactive, otherwise they would not have got my money.

I will let you know if it all goes to plan.

We are waiting:D

Because they were misinformed by Pioneer and nothing turned up in their delivery. Should have more info sometime this week.

Has anyone else noticed that, whenever anyone posts a link to a website advertising the LX508 or LX608, within 24 hours the page has gone or there is an error message?

The only site this doesn't seem to apply to is AVLand.

I also notice this morning that the LX608 is now up to £5,299 on AVLand, having started at £4,499!

Tim

Hi
Planning on buying the 60.
Anyone else going to and if you are going to place it on a cabinet!
Trying to find one for a 60 inch plasma is proving to be difficult.
Cheers.

Hi
Cheers.

Timber/Saw/Stainer for you I'm afraid !

Hi
Cheers.

I have one ordered but mine is going on my wall, good luck trying to find a cabinet, you might need to get one made.

I have one ordered but mine is going on my wall, good luck trying to find a cabinet, you might need to get one made.

Hi churchwa
Got mine ordered at Leconcepts.
Their latest for their first batch of 60's is 24th of this month.
Only getting four in apparently at first,with two taken by pre-orders.

Hi churchwa
Got mine ordered at Leconcepts.
Their latest for their first batch of 60's is 24th of this month.
Only getting four in apparently at first,with two taken by pre-orders.

Well i have mine preorderd with AVLand so i guess they must be looking at a similar time frame. Fingers crossed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfats
Hi
Cheers.

It depends on what you mean by a ' cabinet ' :devil:

When I had my house extended, refitted and redecorated around the turn of the year I decided to have my old av cabinet system removed- it's in the garage/utility - bat cave- storage room now. The old system consisted of heavy duty low book cases made of hard-wood faced 20mm ply with room for equipment on its shelves, a castle keep centre speaker in the centre below the 50" Panasonic TH-50PHW5 which sat securely on the top. It worked pretty well but had the effect of making the room look smaller and the equipment hard to access.

So, the old stuff was removed, the room renovated and the equipment re-installed on an Optimum AV Range AV-400 stand with custom selected black nickel finish supports and smoked glass shelves with the table-top shelf that supports the Plasma Panel being thicker than the other three equipment shelves .

The whole ensemble is rated to support up to a 60" plasma TV but I checked on the load bearing with Stand and Deliver and it would support a Panasonic 65" ... just within stated tolerance, which I think was 85kilos I think - but that's from memory .

Here is the link to the appropriate page in Stand and Deliver.

http://www.standanddeliver.com/acatalog/Optimum_AV-400.html

The new stand cost me " Order total: 405.50 GBP " and has had the desired effect of opening up the room improving the sound sage and making everything much move accessible….. It also looks pretty good.

None have hit the shops yet, apparently a few more weeks to go. Thats according to Avland anyway.

Best place to pre-order (stock availability, reputation and reliability?)

LEC have it on their www site for £4800 I think?

Hee hee, I've set one up for a client. Not bad, is my verdict. HDMI 4 has a pixel for pixel mode, and takes 1080p/50 and /60 for any scaler owners. Potential pitfall, the mount bolts are 850mm apart, so no universal mounts will fit it, you need one designed for 65 and above plasmas, like the TH65PF9 panasonic. I repeat, no mount for 'plasmas up to 63"' will fit it, you have been TOLD. Black levels about par for the course for a big plasma, didn't impress that much really, but great colours, motion handling, appearance. Overall PQ very similar to the PF9 panasonic, didn't get to check if it took 1080p/24 or 48 or 72, but am going back.... more work to do, so if you want anything checked, I can probably look into it.

MAW,

So how did your client get his so early...and where from?? (is he a Pioneer employee??!!)

So your saying it's unremarkable??

His son sent it from USA, it's a pressie. The spec is mostly the same, I'm sure the UK ones will be remarkably siilar except for the combination of inputs. Unremarkable, you can't say that about any 60" plasma, it's as subtle as a footballer's Hummer. The picture is no giant leap ahead of the opposition, that's what I'm saying. It's good, so is the Panasonic. I still think the Fuji 63 is the best monster out there. The botto mounted speaker is an eyesore, I will personally shoot any forum members who do that, it's stunning apart from that. As I say, watch out for the wall mount, and be aware that AFAIK only 1 of the HDMIs has a pixel for pixel mode, which it warns you not to use except with PCs. He had a DVDO processor, so I used it for that. I'll find out what happens with a video source, since he's ordered a HD DVD player (the son works for universal, and has told the gent not to bother with Blu ray). Be nice to try pixel mapping the 1080p/24 output. Tried briefly with his Samsung upscaler, no dice, but that might well be the sammys fault, it usually is, LOL!

Yes the USA versions are totally different design/layout to the UK/Euro spec including the horrid bottom speaker.

I am actually planning to use mine as a TV (have a separate Cinema room)and as such was planning on fitting the side mount speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom