• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

pioneer pdp-lx5090 "WOW"

unknownsith

"WOW"

After a lot of contemplation over spending more money than i intended to on a new tv, Today my mind was made up for!

I have just auditioned an lx5090 and was amazed how phenomenal this tv is!

I was very sceptical about all this "deep black":lesson: and "nothing comes close":lesson: buisness, but turn me upside down and slap my a***:eek: if i was proved completley wrong.

I handed the Salesman my money and i was grinning like the joker, he must have thought i was mental:rotfl:. Ive never been so happy to hand over £2000 of my hard earned cash. its getting delivered on monday:clap:

"Worth the extra money?" hell yes!

Sorry if this sounds over the top! but i am genuinly excited about getting this tv.

:boring:Just three sleeps till monday! :boring:

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
Yep best tv in the world.:D

yelnek

Brilliant set you'll love it - only thing is you'll need loads of time to watch all your films over again in reference quality! Enjoy:clap::clap:

darren68uk

Threads like these are not helping my cause!!! in one week ive gone from think of getting a panny 50G10 to the 50V10 but now thinking if im going to spend £1400 to £1500 on a plasma it should be a pioneer pdp-lx5090 to go with my Pioneer BDP-51FD & PIONEER VXS-1018-K :D

unknownsith where did you get yours from ?

pannyfanny

Darren, get one! They are unfrigginbelievableandthensome!!

Best thing I've ever bought. :thumbsup:

If you can see them set up side by side with the pannys, you can make up your own mind. If you can't, in my opinion, trust those that have..

toxic mango

If you have the budget go for it. I an going for the v10 as it works out about £1000 cheaper (50v10 £1300 vs lx with stand/speakers £2300). But if I had the budget would have gone for pioneer. Indeed sadly gave up the chance for kra500.

darren68uk

If you have the budget go for it. I an going for the v10 as it works out about £1000 cheaper (50v10 £1300 vs lx with stand/speakers £2300). But if I had the budget would have gone for pioneer. Indeed sadly gave up the chance for kra500.

hi guys.

well i got till end of oct to decide... speakers and stand/wallmouont, are not a problem for me the winner will just slip on where the sammy slips off..

and my KEFS will take care of the sound,, i think my problem will be finding one , im half tempted to find one now on buyit now struggle to pay later,,,:rotfl:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 698

yelnek

hi guys.

I think my problem will be finding one , im half tempted to find one now on buyit now struggle to pay later,,,:rotfl:

Don't know where your located but LE Concepts - lcd and plasma tv online retailer at the Gateshead metro centre has some 5090/6090 in stock if your quick. He even has them get it now - worry about it later. Very knowledgeable people in there as well. Give him a call and a chat - it costs nothing for info.

Sometimes the web site says out of stock - they sometimes don't update it as the stock comes in and goes out straight away. They deliver around the country as well

klythawk

hi guys.

well i got till end of oct to decide... speakers and stand/wallmouont, are not a problem for me the winner will just slip on where the sammy slips off..

and my KEFS will take care of the sound,, i think my problem will be finding one , im half tempted to find one now on buyit now struggle to pay later,,,:rotfl:

And if your down south look here

:smashin:

calabbas

Standard Member
Hi guys, does anyone have any experience lately with
LE Concepts because im about to take the plunge and get
a pioneer from them. Any advice or info whatsoever would
be much appreciated. Please god let me get a TV without
any buzz, dead pixel or dirty screen. Amen

klythawk

Hi guys, does anyone have any experience lately with
LE Concepts because im about to take the plunge and get
a pioneer from them. Any advice or info whatsoever would
be much appreciated. Please god let me get a TV without
any buzz, dead pixel or dirty screen. Amen

pannyfanny and yelnek will be at your service very quickly. ;)

toodeep

Threads like these are not helping my cause!!! in one week ive gone from think of getting a panny 50G10 to the 50V10 but now thinking if im going to spend £1400 to £1500 on a plasma it should be a pioneer pdp-lx5090 to go with my Pioneer BDP-51FD & PIONEER VXS-1018-K :D

Then it may help your cause to learn that having bough a LX5090 with stand and speakers for £1600 earlier in the year when Kuros were much cheaper I nevertheless swapped it for a 50V10 which I prefer. Panasonic & Pioneer plasmas are different, as has been explored in many other threads. Which image do you like best?

darren68uk

And if your down south look here

:smashin:

thanks, have also heard good things about TLC. if only they did V12 finance...

anyone know of anywhere , ive found RGBdirect, but something is telling me that might not be a good idea!!

darren68uk

Then it may help your cause to learn that having bough a LX5090 with stand and speakers for £1600 earlier in the year when Kuros were much cheaper I nevertheless swapped it for a 50V10 which I prefer. Panasonic & Pioneer plasmas are different, as has been explored in many other threads. Which image do you like best?

well i need to see if i can get them side by side, i had an original panny sd display, and it was cracking but havent even seen the vierras so i dunno , ive watched the likes of band of brothers and apocalypto, and just feel im missing the experience, as the video is good but, not exactly mind blowing, i have heard good things about the panny V10 especailly with the THX picture mode etc
but spending that sort of money is gonna always make me wonder if ill be missing anything not buying the Pioneer:suicide:

darren68uk

Which is why I originally bought the Kuro too.

what setup do you have with the V10 wot stuff do you use it for out of interest:)

unknownsith

The Pioneer:clap:

The only difference between the two is "The pioneer is better" other than that they are both the same.:D

I auditioned them both side by side and choose the pioneer despite the extra cost.

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
The Pioneer:clap:

The only difference between the two is "The pioneer is better" other than that they are both the same.:D

I auditioned them both side by side and choose the pioneer despite the extra cost.

Have you heard the expression; One mans meat is another mans poison :D clearly you like yours & thats good, the Pioneer is of course well regarded but clearly Toodeep was not happy with his hence buying the V10, horses for courses & all that :)

toodeep

I have a (much TAPped and patched) Topfield TF5800 Freeview PVR, a Samsung BDP2500 spinner and Yamaha YSP-900 sound projector & sub, i.e. I don't game.

I prefer the 50V10's greater image clarity (lack of picture noise) over the LX5090's better blacks (which doesn't apply to 4:3 content with forced grey side bars) and the more natural V10 SD image over the sharper but enhanced 5090 SD picture (that sometimes could look simultaneously hard and soft). Whereas my 50V10 is quiet I had to use the 5090 power save modes to counter the audible 5090 buzzing and accept the consequences for image quality. The optional Pioneer under-mounted speakers are better than the Panasonic's but any proper surround-sound system will be better still. Finally, the 5090 user interface is so poor that if I had to buy the TV again I would opt for the 5090h version.

Last edited:

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
the 5090 user interface is so poor
Ive not found the interface poor,very easy to use in fact,the panasonic seems so basic.
It just seems like a misleading post to me.:confused:

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
Toodeep it seems to me you are always trying to find reasons to justify to yourself that you did the right thing in letting your 5090 go.;)

toodeep

and clearly you're in denial sticking with your Pioneers. ;)

I was answering a request for my experiences after all. :lesson:

PS: Pioneer thought the UI and EPG so lovely that they changed them completely in the 5090h and later models.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom