Pioneer PDP LX5090 or Panasonic 10 series

tapmeester

Standard Member
Hi,

I have a Panasonic TH-42PV60, great plasma gives exellent picture when i watch normal tv( digital cable) HD ( blu ray) is good too. Now i want to buy another plasma. Yesterday i looked at the Pioneer 5090, great blacks but they had a HD source connected. Can i expect the same picture quality( as the one i own now) when i watch digital cable tv? It's about 2500 euro's now think it is a good price( pioneer dealer) I am also looking at the new Panasonic models TX-P50G10 or V10. Witch model would give the best picture quality when watching digital cable( 90% of the time) the Pioneer ot the Panasonic. Is the 1000 euro's difference worth it?

Thanks for reply

boxrick

Pioneer will give a much better picture quality particurly with freeview.... i own both the g10 and the lx5090 and the pioneer is much better for freeview. :thumbsup:

tapmeester

Standard Member
Thanks for reply. I have another question. I saw the Pioneer settings for HD, are there any settings available for freeview? I know the Pioneer has a lot of settings you can change( the Panasonic i own now has only a few) I know it depends on the source but a little guide line would be great.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom