Pioneer PDP 508XD vs newer Pannys

avcar

Hi all ive been offered a Pioneer panel used with no speakers, i know this is an older set and not full 1080p think its a 720 will i notice much difference i watch 720p movies is there a massive difference between this and the new panasonics for around £1k?

cheers

Last edited:

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
If its in good condition id snap it up,fantastic tv that will walk over any panny on sd and will also be nice for hd.:smashin:

avcar

how does it compare with the newer pannys? would you say still better even though not full hd?

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
how does it compare with the newer pannys? would you say still better even though not full hd?
I would not worry about the full hd,ive seen both and you would be hard pressed to see a difference.:smashin:

jayden28

Novice Member
I had the 42" pioneer 4280xd and i currently have the G10 and the G10 was without doubt the better set for HD,i always found the pioneer on the soft side next to the G10.