Pioneer PDP-507XD Owners advice please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Turb007, May 4, 2007.

1. Turb007

Turb007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +693
    Hi

Upgrading my LCD ( Sony Bravia KDLV40A12 ) tommorrow for one of these but before I take the final plunge I'd be grateful if you could advise on a couple of things ..

1. Do I need to run this screen in ? If so what settings and for how long ?

2 Do you ever get retention ?

3 Is lipsync an issue with Plasma's

My Main Source's will be SKY HD , SD, Xbox360 and PS3.

I know this is upgrade in screen size but am still unsure of a PQ upgrade which is what I'm really after..am I doing the right thing :lease:

Its costing £1799 no speakers but with stand

Tia

2. davidisom

davidisom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    This is a Fab Screen. We also have a 436XDE that cost a lot more. The 507 has exceeded our expectations. The biggest improvement is that we can use games console without worrying about having to leave the screen on snow for 24 hours after every session. If you would like more information email [email protected]

3. pl34

pl34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Im sure I wont be the only person that wants to know but - where did you get it for that price? I want one!!

4. aniki

aniki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    The picture quality will be a million times better than your sony. I guarantee you wont be disappointed.

5. Cold blooded

Cold blooded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Yeah. . move in on a pioneer 507. . .prices are so competitive possibly due to announcement of 8th generation panels (NOT likely to be remotely near in price ! ) and with 24fps capability of the Pioneer . . .I dont even think the extra £££ for the imminent Panasonic 1080p PZ700 is much of an attraction. . . you WILL NOT regret a Pioneer 7th generation tv being in your system. . . a standard def feed from a sky box varies from acceptable to WOW! (at sensible viewing distances) regular DVD (NOT upscaled by a player) on my 507 viewed from 7' to (more regularly) 15' away really are stunning. . .and remember I'm NOT even speaking of a high def feed yet! ! ! ! ! ! !

6. Turb007

Turb007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +693
    Nice one guys thanks :thumbsup:

picked it up this morning from Harp Electronics Tottenham Court Road just set it up and even using out of the box settings its awesome.

Just waiting for Cbeebies to finish so i can set it up properly :( :D

7. Mister-E

Mister-E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let us know how you get on. I'm defo moving away from panny retail now, seen two px70's in the flesh both buzzed much more than the other almost silent plasmas and the difference between panny and pioneer is massive in PQ to my eyes its like another level forget all the new nonsense coming out to me the difference in pq on sd from panny to pioneer is far greater than any new marketing rubbish ie 1080p etc. I was blown away by looking at them side by side the pioneer killed it dead on SD no competition at all. I will be looking to get one of these or a commercial panny so like I said keep us informed :)

8. KinkyAffro

KinkyAffro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Exactly why i refused JL's offer of a PX60 to PX70 exchange and instead paid the extra £££ for the Pio 507XD :thumbsup:

9. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Yeah.....remember to try the Pio with XB360/PS3...and hd-dvd.......good god what a picture through those 3.

10. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Hi what price did they do it for you ?
    Dave.

11. Turb007

Turb007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +693
    Played with this baby for most of the weekend ...either HD-DVD / Blueray or PS3 / 360 games and as much as it was an upgrade from a 40 inch LCD to 50 inch I have to say I am really pleased with.

Calibrated its basic settings ( white and black levels / sharpness ) with Avia and all sources ..SD, HD Games look really nice ..I'm even considering going the whole hog and getting an IFS callibration for the colour so I get the absolute best from it I like it so much :)

One question

I've turned all Settings that process the picture off - All NR's /BR's CTI , Pure Cinema... black level..anyone else done the same ?

I come from the school of though that the less the set processes the image the purer it is ..I cant believe the Set is that intelligent that it know exactly how to make the perfect picture for every situation ..am i right ?